Fashion Bookings & Production Manager
New York, NY /
Editorial – BDG /
Temp to Perm
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a temp-to-perm Fashion Bookings & Production Manager to work across BDG’s Lifestyle brands: Bustle, NYLON, The Zoe Report, Elite Daily, and Romper. This person will play a key role in photoshoots coming to life across all of BDG’s Lifestyle brands, and will be responsible for sourcing and managing hair and makeup artists, manicurists, and tailors for photoshoots, working with the producer on budget and workflow for shoots and projects, booking models for well shoots, conducting post-shoot invoice and expense reconciliation, and helping to manage production/creative credits.
This person must be highly organized and deadline-oriented, have experience identifying and booking glam and models for photoshoots, and have experience working closely with budgets. This is a role in the BDG Fashion Department, reporting to the VP of Fashion at BDG; this candidate will also work closely with the BDG Lifestyle Creative team.
- Contacting agents to book creative crew for all fashion shoots (Hair, Make-up, Manicurist, Tailor, etc.) based on the creative direction, talent, and publication (Bustle, NYLON, Elite Daily, TZR, and Romper). Negotiating dates, rates, and any extra fees (assistant fees, kit fees, etc.).
- Relaying pertinent information, including logistics and creative direction, from the BDG Creative & Fashion Team to other relevant parties and departments.
- Working closely with the creative producer on budget and workflow for shoots and projects.
- Casting models for Fashion Well Stories for TZR and NYLON (2-4 shoots a year).
- Conducting post-shoot invoice and expense reconciliation.
- Ensuring all production/creative credits are compiled and delivered to the relevant parties for each photoshoot.
- Assisting the Fashion and Creative Departments with additional production needs related to shoots.
- Monitoring the Fashion budget for each shoot, as well as overall budget for each quarter/fiscal year.
- 2-4 years experience with hair and makeup booking and model booking
- Experience working with budgets preferred
- Have a can-do, solutions-oriented attitude and high attention to detail
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.