Production Manager, Brand Newsroom
New York, NY
Creative – Brand Newsroom
Mic/Bustle Digital Group is looking for a creative-driven Production Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced Branded Content team. In this role, the Production Manager will be a key player in producing our always-on, values-driven digital content on the Brand Newsroom team.
In this role you must be able to prioritize, delegate, creatively problem solve, and lead by example. This is a mid-level role and a strong candidate will have experience in all production phases & management including but not limited to: shoots, voiceover, scripting, releases, insurance & permits, gear rentals, call sheets, production scheduling, coordination of booking crews and equipment. People management is an integral component of this position.
The Production Manager will report to the Senior Director of Brand Newsroom and manage the production and budgetary logistics of the Brand Newsroom creative team, as well as work closely with the Brand Newsroom account management team.
- Build and roll out internal tracking and organizational processes support to production activities across all of creative team. This individual will develop timelines, schedules and processes for streamlining the production.
- Provide direction on production process and ensure all is happening in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and monitor the production of all online content and assets, diving into development & content management as needed.
- Recognize deviation from accepted practices and creatively problem solve to identify appropriate next steps.
- Own master tracking of expenses and budgets for all productions.
- Book travel arrangements for all productions.
- Serve as main production contact for internal teams such as account management and strategy.
- Manage internal production team, providing leadership and growth mapping.
- Oversee rolodex of freelancers + facilitate contracts + payments of freelancers.
- Technical skills to direct and collaborate with producers and editors, guiding them from conception through to final product.
- Candidate should also have experience with high level executives and must understand our philosophy: we’re here to blow the client’s expectations out of the water.
- 5+ years of production experience
- Proactive, independent, tenacious, and strong work ethic
- Expert time management, planning and organization skills
- Strong editorial intuition — you know why people engage with stories on social
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Proven management experienceMastery of production processes and in-the-field necessities Ability to handle the pressure of meeting simultaneous tight deadlines
- Confident problem solver
- Positive and genuinely excited to help build something new together!
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Gawker, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London