Branded Creative Intern
New York, NY
Creative – Branded Content
BDG is seeking an enthusiastic Branded Creative Intern to assist a team of editors and strategists on the BDG Studios team. BDG Studios is a full-service creative agency that leverages the BDG editorial vision, audience, and scale to create 360-degree content programs for brand partners.
As an intern, you'll get a peek into the ins and outs of branded content in fashion, beauty, entertainment, production, and more. You should be scrappy and ready to help with a wide variety of tasks, whether you're hunting down a product for a shoot, sourcing social influencers for a campaign, or helping an editor on set. You’ll assist on photo, video, and event productions and should be interested in social media and what’s trending next in the fashion and beauty spheres.
The intern MUST be able to work at least 3 days per week from our NYC office, standard business hours from January to April.
In your cover letter, please tell us about a recent brand campaign you’ve seen and liked, and why it resonated with you. (Ex: Do you love the imagery? Is it the point of view / tone of voice? What makes it unique? Why does it work for its environment, whether you saw it on Instagram, YouTube, or in a store window?)
- Availability of at least 3 days per week to work from our NYC office
- Strong organizational skills. You should be proactive and detail-oriented!
- Experience working on photo/video sets (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Social media savvy — have a strong grasp on what kind of content works on various social media platforms and display an awareness of influencers on each platform.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- You should be able to present a professional demeanor in all scenarios (as well as over email), as you'll be exposed to multiple teams at Bustle and potentially advertising clients.
- An insatiable appetite for content on the web.
- An interest in the business side of publishing — you’ll be working with both editorial and sales on projects.
- An enthusiasm for Bustle’s mission, and the energy to work at a fast-paced company. A flexible, ambitious mind goes a long way!
- Help organize video/photo shoots, whether that’s handling props or assisting on set
- Help with the coordination of events
- Research potential talent and influencers for photo and video shoots that are on-brand for both Bustle and an advertising client
- Attend occasional brainstorms with marketing and sales teams
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.