New York, NY
Elite Daily is hiring a dating editor to assign, edit, and publish editorial work written and produced by a team of remote, part-time writers and freelancers. The ideal candidate will have excellent copy-editing and content editing skills, and he or she will have their finger on the pulse of current sex, dating, and relationship news and trends. The editor should feel strongly about providing Elite Daily's female, millennial readership with well-sourced articles containing professional advice on all things dating, sex, and relationships.
The ideal candidate will also understand the utmost importance of inclusivity; be passionate about providing authentic and raw commentary on the millennial dating experience in a way that is honest, feminist, funny, and factual; possess a strong understanding of AP style; and be familiar with SEO best practices.
This is full-time position located at our New York City headquarters.
- Assign and edit multiple stories a day for spelling, grammar, clarity, tone, factuality, structure, and more in a quick yet thorough manner
- Sweep the internet for relevant dating and dating app news that would appeal to the Elite Daily audience
- Effectively package posts for search and/or social with enticing, clickable headlines and teasers
- Work directly with writers, fellow dating editors, and the senior dating editorto brainstorm and ideate unique angles on current trending topics
- Find the viral stories other outlets have yet to discover
- Be a fountain of ideas!
- Reach out to, interview, and maintain a database of experts and sources for articles
- 1-3 years in-house editing experience at a digital or print publisher
- A passion for delivering great dating, sex, and relationship content to millennials
- Proven editorial judgment, high ethical standards, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of how stories are shared and consumed differently across platforms
- An ability to remain flexible while meeting deadlines and managing multiple assignments/projects
- Portfolio with clips that showcase writing and/or editing skills
- Bachelor's degree
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group's content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.