TV/Film Writer, Elite Daily
Editorial – Elite Daily
Are you a film buff that can name every Best Picture Oscar-winner in the past decade? Would you rather binge-watch a full season of "Parks And Recreation" than go to a party? Do you have theories on the latest murder mystery to drop on Netflix? Then Elite Daily’s TV/film writer position is perfect for you.
Elite Daily is seeking remote part-time TV and film writers to contribute 3-4 full days per week. Writers should have extensive knowledge of the latest in film news and must be comfortable analyzing TV shows ranging from ‘Game of Thrones’ to ‘Riverdale.’ Writers must have a fun and witty voice and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. There are also opportunities for thought provoking essays and analysis as well as reporting (not a requirement).
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment writing or TV/film reviewing. Bonus points if your background or experience lends itself to covering TV and film news from a unique perspective (please tell us how in your cover letter)!
Candidates should be available to work M-Tr 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. EST.
- Availability to work remotely at least three days a week
- A passion for TV and film news
- Pitch-perfect news judgement
- A fun and witty voice and innovative ideas
- 2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Available: Tues, Weds, Thurs 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST.
- Write three to four articles per shift with Elite Daily's voice and style
- Pitch relevant and interesting stories to editors with creative headlines
- Watch and cover movies and TV shows within Elite Daily's demographic