Production Manager, Branded Content
New York, NY
Creative – Branded Content
Bustle Digital Group is looking for an experienced Production Manager to join our Branded team. This person will be especially focused on producing photo and video shoots which range in complexity. The ideal candidate has experience with all aspects of production management including but not limited to liaising inter-departmentally with our creative and account teams, managing all logistics with production partners, and creative facilitation with influencers and talent. The ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and friendly manner along with sharp attention to detail is key to success in this role.
- Serve as production logistics lead for video and photo shoots across fashion, beauty, lifestyle, news/entertainment, health & wellness, technology, and culture.
- Schedule production kickoffs and define internal checkpoints to help clarify shoot scope, team roles/responsibilities, budget allocation, and timing
- Collaborate with producers & DP to determine crew and gear needs for every shoot
- Be the primary liaison internally between creative teams, legal, and account management, ensuring internal deliverables are on track
- Build detailed production schedules and budget estimates across photo, video, and talent programs
- Work closely with line producer to ensure production management needs of the branded project are met
- Handle outreach, contracting, and correspondence with third party vendors (talent, crew, production partners, etc.) clearly communicating scope of work throughout the program and enforcing deadlines
- Act as production manager on set for all planned productions
- Draft and finalize crew contracts and talent releases with oversight from legal team
- Diligently track production costs in master budget tracker and reconcile budgets at the end of each month
- Route third party invoices and W9s to Accounts Payable for processing and upload all campaign expenses via Expensify
- 5+ years of production management experience in a digital media and creative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Dedication to accuracy, detail, and organization
- Strong sense of prioritization and ability to self-start
- Ability to remain calm, friendly, and solution-oriented under pressure
- Existing relationships with production partners and crew in key markets
- Familiarity with Excel, Google Drive, & Keynote, and project management software like Basecamp
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.