Fashion & Beauty Writer, NYLON
Editorial – NYLON
NYLON is seeking a remote, part-time fashion and beauty writer.
NYLON readers are experimental with style and beauty and are curious about all sorts of fashion- and beauty-related news and trends, so interested applicants should be, too. We're looking for candidates who can quickly cover the latest product drops or collaborations, compile fashion and beauty trend roundups, identify on-brand celebrity fashion and beauty news as well as breaking viral Instagram trends, and much more.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest fashion-and-beauty stories of the day, and ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view. Published writing clips and experience working in a fast-paced, digital environment are required.
In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite fashion and beauty topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for fashion and beauty news. We're especially looking for writers who approach style from a totally body-positive, confident, unique, diverse, and inclusive point of view.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- 1-2 years of fashion and/or beauty writing experience, preferably in the digital realm =
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending news stories in the fashion and beauty sphere
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
- Sweep the internet for trending fashion and beauty stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands - Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London