Branded Content Editor, Entertainment and Culture
NYC or LA /
Creative – Branded Content /
The Branded Entertainment & Culture Editor will join a team of fellow editors and strategists on the BDG Studios team. BDG Studios partners with advertisers to create dynamic content that resonates with a diverse consumer base, driven by the editorial values of authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment.
From pitch phase through to execution, you’ll work with strategists, creatives, and producers to connect each of BDG’s titles with advertiser objectives, ensuring all content remains on-strategy, on-brand, and premium in quality. Frequent advertisers include Netflix, Disney, ABC Television, HBO, Hulu, Spotify, Apple TV, VH1, and many others.
You should have a firm grasp on each title’s editorial voice and be able to work across multiple teams to vet creative concepts and communicate them to clients. You’ll have the creative latitude to manage branded entertainment and culture content from start to finish.
You will have the opportunity to take on a variety of different projects, whether you’re creating branded TikToks or Instagram memes, communicating with influencers and A-list talent, or working with our Events team to develop immersive experiences. In addition to TV and film campaigns, you should also be comfortable with creating content in other subject areas, such as book publishing and travel.
Candidates for this role should be based in or able to work from New York City or Los Angeles. While we are not currently working from the office, attendance for events or meetings may be required in the future. Candidates should also be open to working PST hours.
- See our branded content campaigns through from start to finish. This may include:
- Brainstorming creative concepts in response to RFPs
- Writing and editing stories
- Occasionally covering live events and attending video/photo shoots
- Ideating and executing social content, such as branded Instagram memes and Stories
- Work with the branded editorial team to develop best practices for branded content
- Communicate with sales and marketing teams to ensure that our creative concepts are clear and executable.
- Ensure that we are meeting client expectations and deadlines
- Identify influencer talent for branded entertainment shoots
- Keep up with industry trends in entertainment as well as in branded content.
- 3-5 years of experience in entertainment editorial and/or branded content at a publisher or agency — preferably you have worked with top entertainment brands and studios
- A demonstrated ability to create (concept, write, edit) informative, engaging content for social and web
- A keen interest in digital advertising at BDG and beyond
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills — you should be able to communicate across teams to find solutions whenever possible
- A proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns and initiatives at once
- A voracious appetite for various genres of entertainment and pop culture
- An understanding of BDG’s audience and an entrepreneurial mindset
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.