Podcast Producer, The Outline
New York, NY
Editorial – The Outline
The Outline is looking for a Podcast Producer to work on relaunching World Dispatch. The podcast will focus on internet culture and weird stories from The Outline’s universe.
As producer, you’ll be responsible for planning each episode, collecting audio assets, and working with our editors and writers to ensure we tell each story as vibrantly as possible. An ideal candidate would also have on-air experience, with the ability to introduce segments and conduct interviews. If you’re an audio journalist who lives and breathes internet culture we’d love to meet you!
This is a part-time position, based in New York.
- Research and script several short audio segments each week in partnership with Outline editors
- Contribute on-air to the episodes in the form of introductions, VO, and interviews
- 3+ years of podcast production work
- Prior experience on-mic (hosting or narrating podcasts)
- Very organized
- Have deep knowledge and/or curiosity in the world of Internet culture
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced newsroom
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, Input and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.