Director of Commercial Sales (Remote)
New York, New York /
Revenue – Business Development /
ButterflyMX is a rapidly growing proptech startup that makes property access simple for owners, staff, residents, and visitors. Our solutions are relied upon by more than 6,500 multifamily, commercial, student housing, and gated communities worldwide, including those developed, owned and managed by the most trusted names in real estate.
Fantastic people are the key to our success. As a distributed, primarily remote workforce, we’re looking for more intelligent, passionate, collaborative, and down-to-earth individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is transparent and flexible; our benefits range from a 401(k) match to quarterly stipends for self-care. While we work incredibly hard to improve the experience of everyone who lives, works, and visits our communities, we always have time for a good laugh.
About The Role
We are looking for a self-motivated Director of Commercial Sales to own the commercial sales vertical for ButterflyMX. This role will report to the VP of Business Development and be responsible for growing ButterflyMX’s penetration in this market, leveraging existing success in commercial applications, and finding new commercial verticals to expand our product into.
- Own strategy and execution of ButterflyMX’s growth in the commercial property space
- Call and make initial contact with prospects; determine or enhance prospect’s level of interest in ButterflyMX.
- Respond to all inbound sales inquiries from prospective clients
- Win business in a wide variety of commercial properties, focusing heavily on partnerships with multiple locations that can be negotiated to a portfolio deal
- Take a strategic partnership approach to win business, creating custom solutions that fit within company capabilities
- Navigate a wide variety of needs from different verticals. Quickly get up to speed and understand what is essential to each client
- Leverage internal resources to fully meet the requirements of each vertical and client to have ButterflyMX be presented as a standout solution
- Build off ButterflyMX’s existing relationships using create case studies to grow sales with current partners and build new partnerships
- Attend conferences in the commercial property industry
- Liaise between Sales Coordinators and Client Success teams to facilitate successful project handoffs. Maintain ultimate responsibility for successful implementation and client success.
- Maintain all outreach in our CRM system and update/track client information/requests on an ongoing basis
- Network with cross-functional teams to meet the needs of growing the commercial property market, including marketing, finance, customer success, and product/engineering.
- Maintain a close working relationship with existing clients and prospects to build the commercial market continually
- Create and maintain pitch decks, proposals, and any needed resources to present to clients
- Achieve quarterly revenue targets
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience conducting sales in the real estate industry
- Able to operate independently, quickly drive results, communicate progress to leadership, and identify needs to grow your book of business
- Deep knowledge of consultative sales, understanding client needs, and establishing significant wins via portfolio deals.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting sales targets
- An established network of trusted contacts in the commercial real estate industry is a plus
- Degree from an Accredited Institution or relevant work experience
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for both your work and the work of your team
- Enjoy collaborating with people to get work done, but know when to take ownership of a task
- Have strong attention to detail and can spot and fix errors
- Meticulously organized and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Work fast but thoughtfully, and make suggestions for efficiencies along the way
About Our Benefits
· Comprehensive Medical (ButterflyMX covers 90% of the cost) starting day 1
· Dental and Vision plans (ButterflyMX covers 100% of the cost) starting day 1
· 401(k) plan with a match
· 13 paid holidays and 25 days PTO
· Paid Family Leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Quarterly self-care stipends
· HealthAdvocacy Program
· Access to optional benefits, including pre-tax flexible healthcare spending accounts (FSA and HSA), Dependent Care FSA, and Commuter Benefits, as well as optional Supplemental Life, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet, and Personal Liability Insurance
· Collaborative, dynamic work environment filled with kind, intelligent people who are working hard on an industry-defining product
ButterflyMX is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates and employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have the authorization to work in the US to become an employee. Please let our recruiting team know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process.
#LI-SURF #LI-Remote #salesjobs #sales #salesexecutive #remotework