Designer: Brand & Communications
Engineering and Product – Design
Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have - and it's one of the reasons why we were voted best place to work in NYC.
As a Brand & Communications Designer at Button, you'll tackle fascinating and challenging design problems spanning both business and consumer user groups. You'll be responsible for how we communicate to our partners and users through websites, one-pagers, case studies, emails, and the product itself. Collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Marketing, you’ll help the world understand the story and value of Button. The opportunity to bring Button’s brand to life will rely on and propel your skills including strategy, research, visual design, content design, and web design.
Everybody at Button values and trusts the power of design. We're a tight, collaborative team looking for a designer to help tell Button’s story, help the world understand Button’s value, and bring our brand to life.
AS A BRAND & COMMUNICATIONS DESIGNER YOU WILL:
- Work with product, engineering, and business teams to continue to improve our website - using A/B tests and alternative designs to improve its effectiveness
- Help us figure out the best way to help customers understand how Button can improve their businesses
- Tell the story of our existing product and use design to explain key features
- Define and evolve our voice inside of the product and beyond
- Own the branding of external events like TAP, mobile, shopping and travel industry conferences, and quarterly partner dinners
- Pitch in designing our internal and external support/documentation/help materials
- Create and test creative for marketing campaigns, both digital and traditional
- Direct graphics and visuals for Button’s blog posts and other content strategies
- Work on a variety of presentation materials including decks, prototypes, and emails
- Champion our brand and identity both internally and externally, ensuring that everything we do is consistent and excellent
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in brand, communication, or visual design
- HTML/CSS strong enough to spin up websites that look good on every device
- Experience collaborating with a Marketing team to reach shared goals
- A highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work inside and expand Button’s style
- Expertise in design software (we use Sketch but are always in favor of the right tool for the job)Expertise in presentation software like Keynote
- Experience working in an iterative design environment including giving and receiving feedback from designers and non-designers
- A drive to get better every day and the desire to learn
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Nelle McDade, Nelle works on all things design related at Button, from the dashboard, in-app user-experience, to the delightful branded assets and internal tools. Outside of Button Nelle is a public policy wonk and an avid baker, you can find her with a fresh batch of homemade cookies every weekend!
- Patrick Lewis, Patrick joined Button in September 2014. Previously, he ran Butterscotch Labs, a product design shop with clients including Aviary, Dash, and Hailo. When not designing Button, Patrick mentors startups at Techstars NYC, ERA, and helps teach young designers at Startup Institute. Recently he's been getting into black and white street photography.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about how we are making Button a diverse and inclusive environment through our perks and benefits here.