Frontend Software Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering
Button is building the world’s largest, easiest-to-integrate marketplace of partnerships. To achieve this goal, we’re looking for an experienced builder of responsive, polished web experiences. As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll work closely with other engineers as well as designers and product managers to build responsive, performant, and accessible web applications through which some of the largest mobile retailers in the world will manage millions of dollars in revenue.
DO YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION?
- You can point to a consistent track record of shipping high-quality web projects.
- You have a passion for web standards, accessibility, and performance.
- You’re interested in working with modern frontend tooling like React, Redux, Flow, SASS, and more.
- You have experience with or interest in building and maintaining a library of standard UI components in support of a design framework used in product initiatives across the company.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A COMPANY LIKE THIS:
- We work closely with design & product to implement and iterate on user experiences based on feedback from our users.
- We believe in the importance of modern web standards, web accessibility, and responsive design.
- We strive for continuous improvement, whether by evaluating and introducing new technologies or holding regular retrospectives.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Ben Ki, Senior Full-Stack Engineer: Ben enjoys the full range of software development and works on everything from implementing UI components to profiling serverless container performance. Outside of work, he keeps up with 3D printing, raises a Corgi pup and cycles around Prospect Park.
- Avantika Iyer, Full-Stack Engineer: Tika is a software Engineer at Button working closely with the Design team to build the front end and reusable UI for our apps. She is an animation aficionada and likes to travel and hike during her downtime.
- Cori Huang, Visual Designer Cori works on Button’s visual design, collaborating across teams to build Button’s visual identity and create scalable templates and assets. Cori also loves to read, travel, climb, drink coffee, and get crafty. Ask her what she's reading.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.