Head of Product Management
Engineering and Product – Product
Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have - and it's one of the reasons why we were voted the best place to work in NYC.
We’re looking for a Head of Product Management to join our growing family. As the Head of Product Management you will be responsible for devising, developing, and overseeing the creation of Button products with a keen eye on our customer needs, business goals, and vision for the future of mobile commerce.
AS THE HEAD OF PRODUCT MANAGEMENT YOU WILL:
- Own and be the driving force behind the Product Management function - from idea to execution, continuous improvement, goal setting, and iteration
- Build, maintain and evangelize the roadmap for Button products - driving awareness across the team of what and when we'll be working on
- Identify and track metrics that measure performance, set public goals against those metrics and drive awareness of our successes and failures
- Research and quantify growth opportunities for Button in product development
- Recruit, lead and coach a world-class team of Product Managers
- Work directly with customers and end users to understand success and pain points within our product and new potential products
- Work directly with sales, marketing and partner success to ensure cross-functional understanding of new products, accurate representation of products to the market, and incorporate feedback into product development and iteration.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Built and shipped successful products
- A growth mindset and experience building and shipping unsuccessful products (this is how we learn)
- Fostered an environment of “excellent work” where team members feel empowered and proud of what they create
- Demonstrated success building and strengthen relationships … while saying “no” or “not now”, when needed
- Expertise and a nuanced point of view on the mobile commerce and developer ecosystem
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- Mike Wakerly, CTO. Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- Michael Jaconi, Co-Founder and CEO. Prior to Button, he was the CEO of Rakuten Loyalty and Executive Officer of the parent company after selling his previous startup to them. He helped lead Rakuten’s investments in the U.S with a focus on mobile, commerce and technology. He also loves smoothies and fishing in Sag Harbor!
Our team also values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about how we are making Button a diverse and inclusive environment through our perks and benefits here.