Data Scientist, Analytics
Engineering – Data
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there. Data is at the very core of proving we’re on the right track—and that's where you come in.
As a member of our Data Analytics Team, you will be responsible for empowering everyone at Button to access and use data to advance the business. You will be a partner to our customer success, finance, marketing and product engineering teams, preparing them with key insights from challenging datasets. As an early employee, you will have a foundational role in shaping how the company draws key insights and uses data effectively and consistently in order to drive our business forward.
AS A DATA SCIENTIST YOU WILL:
- Work with our data warehousing systems to design, build, and maintain analyses and performance visualizations for key customers, major product initiatives, and other internal needs.
- Democratize data at Button by helping to define KPIs, metrics and key terminology that allows the company to communicate and measure ideas consistently.
- Work closely with engineers and data scientists to design and execute on-the-fly experiments, like A/B and multivariate testing of consumer/client facing product features.
- Partner with our customer success, sales and finance teams to tackle their data challenges in short (weekly) tasks or long (quarterly) projects.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience with SQL and BI tools. We use Tableau, but experience in similar tools like Looker is great too.
- Familiarity with a variety of data sources, such as Redshift, APIs, S3 logs and Athena.
- An open and active approach to sharing knowledge as well as excellent communication skills
- Programming experience in one or more application or systems languages like Python
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Wilson Tsao, Analytics Manager: Wilson is a member of the Data Science team at Button. Previously he was in similar roles at Eventbrite, Yingli Solar, and Goldman Sachs. He enjoys playing and watching basketball in his spare time.
- Brad Groff, Director of Data: Brad is the head of the Data team at Button. Before joining us, he ran data science and data engineering at Ordergroove, and managed data science teams at Capital One and Booz Allen Hamilton. In his free time, he can be found engaging in lengthy discussions with his toddler on topics such as which colors are his favorite colors and why, how some monsters can be nice and others can be mean (but sometimes just because they're hungry), and which things are the silliest things.
- Leo Chiang, Data Scientist: Leo is a Data Scientist focused on Analytics at Button. He will nerd out with you over podcasts, music, or running any time! Prior to Button, Leo worked on Progressive campaigns and led a data team at Everytown for Gun Safety.
- Gabriella Porrino, Partner Success Manager: Gabriella works for and with our partners to ensure they are getting the most value (and joy!) out of our platform. In her spare time, Gabriella bikes around NYC in search of tacos and/or vegan desserts.
- Wyatt Harms, Partner Success Manager: Wyatt works on Button's revenue team helping publishers scale in our marketplace so we can make Button the next big tech company. He's a big fan of summer nights on Button's rooftop and podcasts, among other things.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.