Senior iOS Engineer
Engineering – Mobile
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Button, your code will “light up” overnight, resulting in a huge, high-impact opportunity. You’ll be responsible for building our Publisher SDK, open source Merchant Library, and many more tools and apps. Not only are these components critical to us, but they are a major selling point to our partners — applications that have millions of installs.
AS A SENIOR IOS ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Design, build, and maintain our iOS libraries, building best-in-class experiences that make Button (and our partners) truly shine.
- Produce high-quality, well-documented and well-tested code.
- Design software to be simple and self-service, but be available to support “high touch” partners for important integrations.
- Produce exemplary Swift and Objective-C code and intuitive, idiomatic iOS components.
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and work with in-house designers to develop clean UI components.
- Shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience working on highly visible open source projects, applications, and/or libraries.
- A keen sense for how the iOS platform works under-the-hood.
- An eye for every little detail, whether it’s in the code or the user interface.
- You’re not a designer, but you can tell when something doesn’t feel just right — and you aren’t satisfied until it does.
- A Full Stack attitude — you are passionate about all things iOS, and you’re comfortable elsewhere in the stack, too.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Chuck Greb, Engineering Manager: Passionate about building dev tools that increase developer and user happiness. Outside of the office Chuck can often be found speaking at conferences or playing music, either in New York or West Africa.
- Paul Fleiner, Sr. iOS Engineer: An experienced iOS developer with a background in physics who has worked at companies large and small, Paul is a proud dog father who enjoys cooking great food almost as much as eating it.
- James(or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.