Engineering – Data
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for informing important business decisions using your understanding of Button’s unique data assets. You will create and then automate the key metrics that guide each team at Button. You will uncover and develop surprising and valuable insights within our data, and shape those into narratives that support our business. At times, you will support sales, marketing, customer success, product, engineering, while building deep relationships and a professional focus on a subset of these. Leaders across the company will look to you and the Analytics group to inform critical decisions and guide our strategic direction.
AS A DATA ANALYST YOU WILL:
- Delve deep into Button’s data to extract important insights
- Provide sophisticated answers to you colleagues’ and our partner’s questions
- Collaborate with data scientists to create statistical models supporting business needs
- Serve as the voice of Button’s data to raise the level of our discourse
- Craft public-facing reports and blog posts that showcase Button’s expertise
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience delivering and communicating key insights to executive stakeholders
- Open and active in sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- 2-4 years of experience in a Data Analyst role
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We raised a $12M Series A in 2015(led by Redpoint) and a $20M Series B in 2017(led by Norwest).
- We believe and invest in personal growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in NYC, for example.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google; from financial giants like Bloomberg and MasterCard; and from previous startups like Chartbeat, Compass, and Blue Apron. We were especially proud the first time we hired a coding boot camp graduate.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.