Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Button is building the world’s largest, easiest-to-integrate marketplace of partnerships. To achieve this goal, we’re looking for an experienced builder of modern web applications to take our web product to the next level. As a senior full-stack engineer, you’ll work closely with other engineers as well as designers and product managers to plan and build a secure, intuitive, and performant application through which some of the largest mobile retailers in the world will manage millions of dollars in revenue.
As a Senior Engineer at Button, you will have the opportunity to shape the way that we write software and help to level up those around you. You'll bring an excitement about new technology that blends well with your pragmatic nature, striking a balance that will enable us to ship high-quality software at a consistent pace. You’ll demonstrate a passion for mentoring other engineers through things like code reviews, design discussions, tech talks, and more.
DO YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION?
- You can point to a consistent track record of shipping high-quality web projects, working both on the frontend and backend.
- You are a skilled planner who is comfortable estimating and breaking down large projects into achievable milestones.
- You strive to develop expertise in the tools and technologies that you use day-to-day. You're excited to advocate when you see an opportunity to improve our developer experience, and quick to seek feedback from the rest of the team.
- You keep up with the latest industry trends, evaluating new technologies without falling into the trap of continually rewriting the application. You can sketch the adoption path from start to finish when introducing new technology into other people's workflows.
- You are energized by helping those around you grow and seek out opportunities to share what you’ve learned with others.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A COMPANY LIKE THIS?
- We believe in working across the stack to deliver products and features end-to-end in collaboration with our Design & Product teams. We work together to plan, execute, and iterate on projects based on what we learn from our users.
- We strive for continuous improvement, whether by evaluating and introducing new technologies or holding regular retrospectives. Today we lean heavily on React/Redux, Babel, Flow, and NodeJS, but we’re always on the lookout for ways to improve both our developer experience and the products we ship.
- We believe that investing in personal & professional growth and providing a healthy work/life balance are the building blocks for a successful culture. We invest in our team through a Learning & Development stipend, our Nurture speaker series, and more! We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in NYC.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Daniel McGrath, Director of Application Engineering: With a background in full-stack engineering, Daniel has spent over a decade building startups in NYC. He enjoys long bike rides, burritos, and going to concerts.
- Avantika Iyer, Full-Stack Engineer: Tika is a software Engineer at Button working closely with the Design team to build the front end and reusable UI for our apps. She is an animation aficionada and likes to travel and hike during her downtime.
- Mina Naguib, Senior Software Engineer: An experienced writer of code and player of drums, Mina loves building systems that scale and spending quality time with his family.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.