Software Engineer, Full Stack
Engineering – Platform Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there. Our partners have turned to us, in large part, because we make complicated ideas simple, and because we can turn them into reality quickly. That’s where you come in.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be designing and building solutions on top of our core platform technology. Though you will be part of a small team, you will be deeply embedded in a culture of continuous delivery and improvement. We’ve made it easy to ship and deploy new, well-tested code dozens or hundreds of times a day. Your vantage point means you will regularly collaborate with and learn from authorities on our data, infrastructure, and design teams, and you will have big customers both internally and externally.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Solve problems end-to-end by building workflows, tools, and UIs that weave together different systems and product concepts.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to develop major new products. You will be the person on the team who bridges backend concepts to the ultimate end-user experiences we want to achieve.
- Make understanding, managing, and interacting with data on Button a pleasant and intuitive experience.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Passion for being generalist engineer. You are equally happy working on frontend or backend technology in the course of building something that delights.
- Broad understanding of frontend development and building rich web applications. Our frontends are built with React and many reusable components.
- Excellent understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, and reliability and troubleshooting in these environments.
- Experience and comfort in a production environment. You’ll be working in a“magic-free” service-oriented environment, using AWS ECS, Docker, and HTTP everywhere.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
- Jiaqi Liu, Software Engineer: Jiaqi is Software Engineer at Button, responsible for several backend and data engineering projects. An avid Pythonista and a frequent speaker at conferences large and small, outside of work she loves to mentor at hackathons and organize meetups for Women Who Code.
- Daniel McGrath, Software Engineer: is a generalist who has spent years building high quality web products. He loves burritos and pop punk music.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.