Summer 2020 Internship: Software Engineer - Experience Team
Engineering – Mobile
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. To do that, we're partnering with some of the largest and most interesting companies in the world to build rich and effortless commerce experiences at scale. We process billions of requests per month on systems built with a strong bias towards stability and reliability, yet balance this with a curiosity and willingness to experiment. We know that building a better future for mobile, one that doesn't depend on anachronistic banner ads to survive, is going to require a team of talented engineers that also believes that there must be a better way.
We are the Experience team that supports the Button mobile SDKs and continuously works on improving our partner’s workflows. As a software engineer intern on our team you will bring passion and creativity to Button by interacting with our mobile SDKs and developing services for them. You will also work day to day with iOS, Android and Full Stack developers.
We will provide all interns with lots of mentorship, stunning NYC views, free food, lots of fun, and a monthly stipend of $5,000 (no relocation assistance provided).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE...
- An incoming senior or graduate student enrolled in a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent program.
- The desire to learn, apply and evolve as a software engineer
- Experience with mobile development is a plus!
- The ability to work 40 hours/week and be in the NYC office 4-5 days/week
- US Work Authorization
AS A 2020 SUMMER INTERN YOU WILL...
- Contribute to our internal native iOS and Android apps
- Write front/back end code using Node and React
- Improve our debugging and testing workflows by writing and automating tests
- Be a voice on the Experience team for software architecture and improve the best practices of our team
- Write production-worthy code
- Design, build, and tackle tough engineering challenges - just like our full time engineers
- Be given the resources, responsibility and support to make massive impact
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.