Director of Product Marketing
Marketing – Marketing
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for focusing on the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As the Director of Product Marketing at Button, you will establish the Product Marketing function and lead go-to-market initiatives. You will incorporate research and market intelligence to inform Button’s customer personas, improve product offerings, and identify product opportunities. You will develop and implement a robust go-to-market process for new features and products. You will lead two-way communication with our product users to drive adoption and user feedback, and you will work closely with your colleagues on the Revenue Team to ensure we lead with the value we provide to our partners.
We are looking for someone who as passionate about technology as they are about maximizing value for our partners. This role will include cross-functional partnership across Button teams and an opportunity to work with our most engaged partners. You will be responsible for building the product marketing function and team, and you’ll have an incredible opportunity to impact Button’s growth with the projects you lead.
AS A DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT MARKETING YOU WILL:
- Use research to develop an understanding of the market, our partners, available solutions, and the unique value Button provides.
- Clearly and concisely articulate Button’s value proposition for all of our audiences and ensure that the team is equipped to communicate our value in market.
- Play a critical role in product branding and naming, including reviewing the existing taxonomy, providing recommendations for future offerings, and ensuring consistency across Button products.
- Build and implement a robust go-to-market plan for new products and features.
- Collaborate with Product, Partner Success, and Marketing to establish effective two-way communication with our product users and incorporate their feedback.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A tested go to market playbook and the ability to build and evangelize new processes across several teams.
- A clear, jargon-free communication style, and a track record of translating features and capabilities into values and benefits.
- A customer-centric perspective on building products and product messaging, and a drive to spend time with Button’s partners to inform messaging decisions.
- Driven pipeline and revenue from product marketing initiatives.
- A player coach mentality. You lead by example and are willing to dive into any project. At the same time, you take pride in being a mentor, and as a manager you listen and provide direct, actionable feedback.
- A passion for technology.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Nicole Silver, Vice President of Marketing at Button. Prior to joining Button, Nicole led marketing at Moat, where she established the marketing function, built the marketing team, and launched global marketing programs leading up to Moat’s acquisition by Oracle in 2017. Nicole is a fitness enthusiast and loves running and spending time with her family in Prospect Park.
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups, some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- Hayley Margio, Director of Business Strategy: Hayley is the Revenue strategy team. Sometimes referred to by colleagues as "the Meryl Streep of Button," she spends her days helping Button bring new products to market and wrangling unwieldy excel models. Prior to Button, Hayley grew up on two different continents but went to the same school twice. She is the pre-eminent boutique fitness connoisseur here at Button HQ and will be first in line at new vegetarian restaurants in NYC.
- Rachel MacDonald, Marketing Manager at Button. Rachel has been at Button for over 2 years helping lead content initiatives, including the Button Blog and our annual TAP Conference! In her free time, you can find Rachel listening to (and writing) rap songs — typically J. Cole with a glass of Pinot Grigio. Probably eating some type of cheese, too.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.