Product – Partner Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Technical Writer on the Solutions Engineering team, you will be instrumental in creating documentation that effectively communicates Button’s value proposition for both technical and non-technical audiences. You’ll work closely with subject matter experts across Button – Partner Engineering, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Revenue to name a few – ensuring that Button’s products are digestible by those that interact with it: both at Button and beyond.
You will own a thorough yet consumable developer documentation site. You’ll be comfortable taking a consultative approach with internal stakeholders, knowing when to listen and when to guide. Your excellent organizational skills will help create a documentation structure that scales as Button continues to grow. You’ll thrive in ambiguity, know the right questions to ask, and successfully navigate across teams to accomplish your goals.
AS THE FIRST TECHNICAL WRITER AT BUTTON, YOU WILL:
- Set the standard for Button’s technical voice. You'll define and exemplify what it means to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Author and maintain external documentation that our customers use during integration (developer.usebutton.com), including API reference docs and developer guides
- Create a highly organized documentation structure that will scale and grow with Button
- Partner with Product & Engineering to document internal products / tools
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop and maintain external collateral explaining Button to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 4+ years of technical writing experience, ideally in the SaaS or B2B software product space
- Experience working directly with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to help document new developer products and features
- Experience ruthlessly prioritizing and managing deadlines
- Ability to simplify the abstract and communicate technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Willingness to learn and grow; the curiosity to pull on a thread
- Light web-development skills (e.g. Github, Markdown) is a plus – our documentation site is continuously integrated and deployed many times per week
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
- Sam Propis, Manager of Partner Solutions. Before Button, he helped LinkedIn build and scale their partner integrations (e.g. Apply with LinkedIn) to thousands of customers. Problem solving is what sparks joy for Sam, and he loves working with a talented team to find better / faster ways to get Button's products adopted. Sam is quick to share recommendations on places to eat in most major US cities, and is even rumored to be a minority investor in Daily Provisions, an eatery near the Button NYC office with the "best breakfast sandwich in NYC."
- Nicole Silver, Vice President of Marketing. Prior to joining Button, Nicole led marketing at Moat, where she established the marketing function, built the marketing team, and launched global marketing programs leading up to Moat’s acquisition by Oracle in 2017. Nicole is a fitness enthusiast and loves running and spending time with her family in Prospect Park.
- Tyler Nappy, Senior Solutions Engineer. Tyler leads integrations with top Brands and Publishers to get them live onto the Button marketplace. When he's not coding, prototyping, or giving a demo about his apps he's written, you can find him preparing for his next marathon relay, reading, or exploring NYC.
- Will Myers, Software Engineer: Writes software for Button while he waits to hear back from NASA about his astronaut application. He's bullish on pure functions, immutable data, and comics with dinosaurs in them.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.