Finance – Finance
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality, better-performing user experiences. Along the way to building great tech for our partners, we’ve also built a phenomenal company for our employees and have been repeatedly recognized as one of NYC’s best companies.
As Button’s Controller you will lead and grow a team that is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of our business. As a strategic leader you will implement tools and processes to create a best in class accounting function.
The ideal candidate has a passion for accounting, collaborating closely with internal teams and external partners, creative problem solving, and being part of a high-growth business.
AS THE CONTROLLER YOU WILL:
- Create and support the implementation of an accurate and timely close process
- Support the expansion of the business to multi-national jurisdictions
- Lead and manage day-to-day accounting at Button
- Implement ERP system and related processes
- Manage and oversee tax accounting and compliance obligations
- Track key company KPIs and producing key findings
- Assist with investor relations and any future financings
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- BA/BS degree, ideally in accounting or business and are a licensed CPA
- Prior experience a management consulting firm, ideally as an audit manager, followed by corporate experience in a senior accounting role.
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting procedures
- Significant experience with IFRS
- Experience with Revenue Recognition and related technical guidance
- Experience working with Netsuite and implementation experience is a plus
- SOX & Internal Control experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- A strong attention to detail, teamwork, and the omotenashi spirit
- A love for the tech industry and small, fast-growing startups
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
- All Teams at Button
- Ken Stelzer, Chief Financial Officer: Ken Stelzer is the CFO of Button. Ken is a experienced technology focused executive having previously served as CFO for Zocdoc and Bankrate. He has helped lead successful exits including the sale of Bankrate to Red Ventures. Outside of work Ken enjoys getting out in nature and hiking with his two dogs.
- Michael Jaconi, Co-Founder and CEO: Mike Jaconi is the co-founder and CEO of Button. Previously, he was the CEO of Rakuten Loyalty. He helped lead Rakuten’s investments in the U.S with a focus on mobile, commerce and technology. He also loves smoothies and fishing in Sag Harbor!
- Tijs van Santen , Chief Revenue Officer: Tijs is the Chief Revenue Officer of Button. With more than a decade of international sales leadership experience, Tijs joined Button from marketing technology platform Impact Radius, where he served as CRO and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth.
- Stephanie Mardell, VP of People, Stephanie is the VP of People at Button. As the first employee tasked with building Button’s People Team from scratch, Stephanie has built, nurtured, and evolved Button into a place of admirable talent through a meticulous balance of science and soul.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.