Chief Financial Officer
Finance – Finance
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. Along the way to building great tech for our partners, we’ve also built an award-winning company culture for our employees that has been repeatedly recognized as one of NYC’s best places to work.
As the Chief Financial Officer of Button, you will chart the course for Button’s short & long term growth and direct how the company utilizes its resources across all teams - providing both strategic and tactical recommendations as Button transforms mobile commerce and growth amongst the world’s largest mobile apps. Additionally, you will provide leadership, manage, and scale our accounting, legal, and financial analysis teams and operations.
AS THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER YOU WILL:
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO, Board of Directors, and leadership team, working cross-functionally to provide a breadth of insight and financial decision support
- Lead financial operations at Button including all accounting, FP&A, payroll, tax accounting, compliance, and cash management
- Lead all communications and reporting to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding Button’s financial performance and operations
- Provide M&A due diligence support and develop financial models for all strategic initiatives
- Ensure that company financial records and reports are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP (accrual basis).
- Direct annual budget creation and Company re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Represent Button’s financial interests and processes in the development of new products and services
- Provide financial analysis as necessary to assist in management decision making and growth plans
- Evaluate, select and implement scalable systems to automate processes effectively
- Manage work relating to external audits of the company financial records
- Support the expansion of the business to multi-national jurisdictions
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- An outstanding ability to evaluate risks and trade-offs and act decisively for the good of our company and culture
- A passion for leading and scaling the financial operations of high-growth companies through multiple stages of development, including exposure to private and public market financing and M&A activity with companies valued in excess of $500M
- A deep understanding GAAP and IFRS accounting and financial reporting procedures, SOX & Internal Control, ERP systems, and Excel
- A passion for team-building: You are equally excited to hire as you are to grow and develop talent from within. You have led teams of 5+ before, and you take pride in being a mentor. As a manager you listen continuously and give direct, actionable feedback.
- A strong attention to detail, teamwork, and the omotenashi spirit
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
- All Teams at Button
- Michael Jaconi, Co-Founder and CEO: Mike Jaconi is the co-founder and CEO of Button. Previously, he was the CEO of Rakuten Loyalty. He helped lead Rakuten’s investments in the U.S with a focus on mobile, commerce and technology. He also loves smoothies and fishing in Sag Harbor!
- Stephen Milbank, Co-Founder and Head of Finance: Stephen is the Co-Founder and finance guy at Button. Stephen hails from the country of Texas, previously sang backup for Shania Twain, and has an appreciation for the oxford comma.
- Stephanie Mardell, VP of People: Stephanie is responsible for all things people including recruiting, performance management, compensation, and people happiness programs. Encouraging and supporting her fellow Buttonians to do the best work of their lives is what gets her out of bed in the morning...as well as earthy coffee, a breakfast feast, and tending to her 46 plants.
- Tijs van Santen , CRO: Tijs is the Chief Revenue Officer of Button. With more than a decade of international sales leadership experience, Tijs joined Button from marketing technology platform Impact Radius, where he served as CRO and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We believe and invest in individual and organizational growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve raised over $64 million in venture capital and have been recognized year after year as one of the best places to work by Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Crain’s.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google and Uber, other tech startups, and big finance companies. And for several folks on our team, Button is their first tech job. Regardless of where you're from, we look for teammates excited to grow with one of our core team values: "We are all students and we are all teachers".
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.