Office Experience & Facilities Manager
People – People Operations
Button builds a better way to do business in mobile. With offices in New York, San Francisco, and London, our Office Experience & Facilities Manager will be responsible for carefully crafting and maintaining an office environment that inspires employees and visitors, reinforces our cultural values, and allows every Buttonian to effectively collaborate and be highly productive.
You will proactively build and improve systems, processes, playbooks, and tools that will help us scale operations and run the office smoothly. You will be the main point of contact for and lead all things office related - keeping supplies and equipment in stock and operational, making sure our space is clean and clutter free, managing office vendors, and so on.
We are looking for someone who is exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed. You have a passion for supporting others, possess an innate sense of urgency, and care deeply about fostering an inclusive and productive work environment where all employees can be successful. You are obsessed with running a tight ship and achieving operational excellence while providing admirable internal customer service.
AS OUR OFFICE EXPERIENCE & FACILITIES MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain tools, playbooks, and processes that aid in scaling and maintaining smooth office operations
- Source and manage vendors and contractors: planning for, negotiating new and existing contracts, purchasing, processing invoices and expenses, overall quality of delivery (includes the acceptance, delivery & inventory of mail, packages, supplies, catering & food programs, repairs & maintenance, building projects, plants, appliances, janitorial staff, and so on)
- Be the “go-to” person for any issues that need immediate attention and rigorously prioritize to ensure those issues are solved quickly
- Manage floor & overall space planning including seating charts across 5 floors and 100+ employees
- Ensure that all service, supply, or ad hoc office requests through Button’s internal ticketing system are being responded to in a timely manner and appropriately, per established SLAs and report on SLAs every quarter
- Develop and oversee all workplace & office communications as well as plan and deliver office events in collaboration with other colleagues
- Serve as the project manager and liaison for all office construction, design, or expansion to new office locations
- Partner with our IT Team on physical security, visitor management processes, badge & IT systems, and building out company-wide policies around security and emergency action planning
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience in facilities, hospitality, and/or office operations management.
- Demonstrated success proactively building, maintaining and scaling office operations for a 100+ person global company and measuring impact and results through KPIs, OKRs, and/or SLAs
- Diligence in follow-up, attention to detail, self-organization and prioritization - you can stay focused and organized under pressure while developing and executing best practices that align with our culture.
- A passion for making the office environment as a key driver in fostering company culture and values
- Admirable critical and creative thinking skills - you’re solution-oriented at heart
- Unbounded initiative, personal accountability, grit, responsiveness, and integrityA desire to make every experience at Button magical and better than the last
- Please note: there are physical requirements for this role which include - walking and standing during the day, climbing stairs, repetitive bending and lifting, moving objects (up to 30 lbs), restocking supplies, and so on
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Stephanie Mardell, VP of People: Stephanie is responsible for all things people including recruiting, performance management, compensation, and people happiness programs. Encouraging and supporting her fellow Buttonians to do the best work of their lives is what gets her out of bed in the morning...as well as earthy coffee, a breakfast feast, and tending to her 46 plants.
- Lauren Zimmerman, Senior Manager of People Operations: Lauren helps the Button team do the best work of their lives by supporting People and Recruiting programming to provide world class candidate and employee experiences.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.