Product – Partner Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Solutions Engineer at Button, you will work as a member of our Partner Engineering team. You will be responsible for shipping code built on the frameworks we use to on-board partners onto our Marketplace, while maintaining the quality, stability and accuracy of our partner integrations. You’ll contribute to solutions in a variety of languages (we primarily use Node, Python and Go) and deploy code to production that builds on top of Button’s world class frameworks. You’ll also move fast; our engineers ship changes to production dozens of times each day.
You’ll expand your engineering skills and technical depth from exposure to the best engineering teams in the world and the systems they build, both at Button & our partners. You'll also apply your talent for rapidly understanding technical systems you’ve had no prior exposure to, and developing solutions to bridge our customer’s technology stacks and our products.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job, and are fanatic about experimenting with new technologies. The tools we use today are Slack, JIRA, Salesforce, Product Board and a host of proprietary tools we’ve built - but we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A SOLUTIONS ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Expand Button’s marketplace by writing code & making configuration changes on top of Button’s product frameworks to on-board our partners
- Ensure the ongoing quality, stability, and accuracy of integrations with Button products
- Collect and harmonize feedback into actionable product improvements to fix customer pain points, and scale the adoption of Button’s products
- Improve our tools and contribute to roadmapped product improvements to enable more efficient integrations
- Act as Button’s technical escalation point for our Partner Support team to help service partners on our Marketplace
- Pitch solutions & drive consensus on your proposals for automation improvements to various internal stakeholders
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO:
- Are generalist Engineers, looking to develop expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Are excited about learning by example and integrating with some of the largest brands in the world
- Have a minimum of 3 years of building technical solutions for product adoption
- Have a proven track record delivering business critical code
- Can to “go deep” anywhere in the stack to debug complex systems & identify issues
- Have excellent communication skills & a teamwork-first mentality
- Have the ability to move fast & make decisions with a pragmatic approach to any problem
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Siddhartha Dabral, Co-Founder and Vice President of Partner Engineering. Sid is one of Button's Co-Founders. He leads partner integrations at Button by coordinating technical efforts between Button's engineering team & their counterparts at our top tier partners. An engineer at his core, he loves to build & tinker. He's also an avid sports fan, plays several musical instruments, and is the reigning ping pong champion at Button!
- Chris Durand, Director of Merchant Solutions. Chris is Director of Merchant Integrations on the Partner Engineering team. He manages the most complex merchant integrations at Button by working with internal & external business & technical stakeholders. He's additionally passionate about ensuring the PE team's throughput is as efficient as possible. Tech nerd / developer at heart, he also decided to go back to school to get his MBA. He is a father, huge Boston sports guy, fantasy sports (baseball, football) enthusiast, and comedy fan. He'd also like to find more time in his busy schedule to volunteer.
- Riane Williams, Partner Support Manager. Riane manages our Partner Support team at Button, making sure Button is providing the best support to our customers and partners. In her free time, you can probably find her at a concert, brewery, or somewhere abroad.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.