Product – Product
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Product Manager at Button, you will be responsible for devising, developing, and overseeing the creation of Button products with a keen eye on our customer needs, business goals, and vision for the future of mobile commerce.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building products that make an impact for customers, end users and for, well, Button. This role requires a product leader with a CEO mindset, who can think strategically yet practically, who can continuously "zoom-in" and "zoom-out", and think vision while delivering each sprint at a time.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job, and are fanatic about experimenting with new technologies. The tools we use today are Productboard, Jira, Chart.io, Slack, Salesforce, and a host of proprietary tools we’ve built - but we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Define and evangelize the vision for the product(s) that you oversee to the company
- Build, extend, and maintain a roadmap for the product(s) that you oversee
- Do whatever it takes to drive your projects forward and ensure success
- Measure the efficacy of existing products and define measurement of success for new ones
- Bring pragmatic product definition to our vision, and rally the company around it
- Ship it!
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Demonstrated success defining product roadmaps specifically for platform products, building collaboratively with engineering peers, and shipping at scale
- Grasped complex concepts and technologies fast, and can become a knowledge hub with little guidance and short amount of time.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong user empathy and awareness driven by qualitative research methods
- A communication style that gives you the presence of a leader. You're a master at communicating with different stakeholders shaping your message to their viewpoint and terms
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- Eden Hammond, Product Manager. Eden works to create ever increasing value for Button's current and future partners through product development. Her experience spans product, product marketing and strategy. She loves to travel, browse aimlessly, and everything furniture/design related.
- Regina Chen, Product Manager. Regina works with the affiliation and segmentation products at Button. Prior to Button, she has worked on both B2B and consumer-facing products, all in mobile. Regina loves to contemplate interior design, is not addicted to social media and wants to have a dog that she does not have to take care of.
- Dan Lee, Product Manager. Dan leads our Insights & Controls product team. Prior to Button, Dan led Ads & Monetization at Tumblr and has worked at smaller startups such as Vroom and Ampush. Dan loves all things data (particularly anything that has to do with ML), basketball, biking, skiing, and building furniture.
- Kareem Shirazi, Product Manager. Kareem leads our mobile team. Prior to Button, Kareem led mobile at Jet.com and has worked in digital media and the movie industry. A couple years ago, Kareem developed a passion for photography and he's working on refining his skills everyday. When not PMing and taking pictures of things, Kareem enjoys good food, good wine, good conversation, and a good book.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.