Software Engineer, Marketplace
Engineering – Product Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Software Engineer on the Marketplace team, you’ll develop tools and integrations that connect Button to companies like Uber, Walmart and DoorDash. You’ll work closely with our partner’s technical teams to identify how best to develop deep technical integrations on top of Button’s internal APIs and frameworks. You'll apply your talent for rapid learning and problem solving by developing solutions that bridge our customer’s technology stacks and our products.
As a Software Engineer, you will focus on high leverage solutions; identify opportunities to solve complex challenges with code, not process. In addition to building interfaces between Button and our partners, you will also implement tools and technologies that allow Button to guarantee the accuracy and reliability of our platform.
Our Engineering team values a fast moving and high-trust environment that affords each member the opportunity to develop expertise operating services at meaningful scale in a distributed cloud environment. You’ll compose solutions from a broad range of technologies, including Go, NodeJS, Docker, Prometheus and ECS. You’ll also move fast; we ship changes to production dozens of times each day.
AS AN ENGINEER ON THE MARKETPLACE TEAM YOU WILL:
- Ensure the ongoing quality, stability, and accuracy of integrations with Button products
- Act as the subject matter expert on Button’s technology to the outside world
- Develop solutions to expand Button’s marketplace, by writing code & making configuration changes on top of the frameworks developed by our engineering teams
- Partner with our product teams to identify new opportunities to increase Button’s connectivity to commerce partners
- Design and develop the systems that provide visibility into the health of the Button marketplace
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Have 3+ years of experience building technical solutions for product adoption, ideally in the B2B space
- Excitement to explore new systems and technologies
- A track record of diving deep into both familiar and new systems in order to identify the root causes of complex issues
- Have worked previously in or are familiar with Node.js, Go, or Python, and are generalist Engineers looking to develop expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Have excellent communication skills & a team-first mentality
- Are curious – the excitement and intuition to pull on a thread
- Have the ability to move fast & make decisions with a pragmatic approach to any problem
- Believe no task is above or below anyone, and that it’s more important to “get something right” versus “being right”
- Can “go deep” anywhere in the stack to debug complex systems & identify issues
- Have a proven track record delivering business critical code
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Sam Propis, Engineering Manager – Marketplace. Before Button, he helped LinkedIn build and scale their partner integrations (e.g. Apply with LinkedIn) to thousands of customers. Problem solving is what sparks joy for Sam, and he loves working with a talented team to find better / faster ways to get Button's products adopted. Sam is quick to share recommendations on places to eat in most major US cities, and is even rumored to be a minority investor in Daily Provisions, an eatery near the Button NYC office with the "best breakfast sandwich in NYC."
- Bill Eichhold, Software Engineer - Bill fought the good fight selling data feeds at Dow Jones and business intelligence platforms at high growth startups for 5+ years. He then caved to his love of all things computers and learned full stack web development at a top bootcamp. Prior to joining Button, he led integrations at an industry leading MarTech platform where his code is still live on ecommerce websites that serve millions of impressions per day. In his spare time, he can be found tending to his balcony garden, cooking increasingly intricate recipes, standing too close to the speakers at concerts, or unnecessarily tinkering with his electronics. He is also a fervent and opinionated Cardigan Welsh Corgi lover who is biding his time until he has an apartment large enough to house one of his own again.
- Nick Freeman, Software Engineer - With a background in sales and full-stack web development, Nick is constantly seeking to make complex subjects approachable for all. In his spare time, you can find him teaching others to code, working on something that he's not good at, or eating cereal out of a salad bowl.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.