Vice President, Product Management
Product – Product
Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have. And you'll do it alongside a team that values and celebrates diverse backgrounds - it's one of the reasons why we were voted one of the best places to work in NYC.
Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about how we are making Button a diverse and inclusive environment through our perks and benefits here.
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As the Vice President of Product Management, you will be the driving force behind the design and execution of Button’s product roadmap. You will be responsible for building and scaling a clear prioritization and measurement framework to enable the Button team to understand why we work on what we do, and that it is successful.
You will be the Product Team’s voice and market expert to accelerate Button’s position as the world’s leading mobile partnership platform—working directly with customers and end users to understand success and pain points within our product and new potential products. You will collaborate closely with multiple teams including engineering, revenue, and partner success to deliver exceptional products and features for our partners.
You will also lead and grow our Product team, serving as a coach in the delivery of goals & KPIs as well as overall career growth. You will continue to foster a culture of curiosity, process, and a sense of urgency within the team. You will set challenging goals for yourself and your team, contributing to the achievement of product deliverables and adoption from our partners.
AS THE VICE PRESIDENT OF PRODUCT YOU WILL:
- Work with leadership to define and document our strategic roadmap and broadcast it to our teams
- Create clear goals and measurement for Button products and teams
- Work with a team of PMs to establish roadmaps for Button products
- Recruit, hire and mentor a team of world-class product managers
- Be responsible for the performance of our product, for our customers and for Button
- Champion why we do what we do and ensure customer problems are at the heart of how we work
- Build a best-in-class product execution framework, ensuring smooth operation of Button’s product and engineering teams
- Foster collaboration with engineering, marketing and other teams to ensure effective delivery through to market of the software we build
- Ensure that Button is investing its product & engineering resources where they will have the most quantifiable impact, for us and for customers
- Be the voice of “how do we measure that” and broadcast successes & failures alike based on those measurements
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Proven experience leading product management teams of 10+
- Scaled product management teams at a company significantly
- Success driving direction and performance through measurement
- Excelled at applying agile software development techniques in a b2b environment
- A track record of influencing and collaborating across small→ medium organizations to drive results
- Experience building products with competitive pricing dynamics (e.g. auctions)
- Celebrated written & verbal communication skills — with a habit for over-communicating, rather than under!
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering. Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
- Mikey Wakerly, CTO. Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. Founder of Kegbot, a former Googler, and San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, karaoke and logic games.
- Michael Jaconi, Co-Founder and CEO. Prior to Button, he was the CEO of Rakuten Loyalty and Executive Officer of the parent company after selling his previous startup to them. He helped lead Rakuten’s investments in the U.S with a focus on mobile, commerce and technology. He also loves smoothies and fishing in Sag Harbor!