Technical Project Manager, Partner Engineering
Partner Engineering – Partner Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there. We’ve built our reputation on reliability and innovation, and our Partner Engineering team prides itself on accuracy, efficiency, and driving the adoption & integration of Button’s products into our partners’ technical systems.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will lead the adoption of Button’s product, including integrations for both new and existing partners. In this role you will partner with Product & Engineering teams at some of the world’s most influential companies while overseeing the integration of Button’s core product offering. You will also work closely with Button’s Revenue & Partner Success teams to ensure a prioritized integration pipeline is predictably delivered against, and will play an active role in the growth & influence of Button’s Partner Engineering team.
We’re looking for someone who has a demonstrated appreciation for disciplined project management, is proactive, and can make decisions with a pragmatic approach.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job, and are fanatic about experimenting with new technologies. The tools we use today are Slack, Jira, Salesforce, Product Board and a host of proprietary tools we’ve built - but we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Scope & plan new partner integrations including technical kick-off discussions, timelines, integration, and requirements
- In partnership with the Revenue team, project manage Button’s core product integrations from start to finish, including resource allocation and dependencies
- Alongside the Partner Success team, project manage incremental addition of Button products with existing partners, expanding the partner’s engagement with Button
- Build and foster relationships with key stakeholders within our partner’s organization
- Serve as the point person for all clients on technical integrations
- Coordinate and track goals, check-ins, and progress of integration
- Provide integration visibility to the organization through status updates, facilitating team meetings, and raising issues and roadblocks
- Contribute to internal and external Button documentation including reusable project plans, FAQs, and documentation to mitigate integration risk or bottlenecks
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing the full project lifecycle of technical software projects or integration delivery in an agile development environment
- Experience working with revenue teams to manage an inbound sales pipeline
- Experience working & engaging directly with customer product, engineering and business teams
- A collaborative attitude, and love to work between technical and non-technical teams!
- A background in software engineering, working with API’s and SDK’s is a plus
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Siddhartha Dabral, Co-Founder and Vice President of Partner Engineering. Sid is one of Button's Co-Founders. He leads partner integrations at Button by coordinating technical efforts between Button's engineering team & their counterparts at our top tier partners. An engineer at his core, he loves to build & tinker. He's also an avid sports fan, plays several musical instruments, and is the reigning ping pong champion at Button!
- Michael David, Director of Project Management. Michael David is the Technical Project Management Lead at Button. He has 10 + years of experience as a project manager at digital agencies such as R/GA, AKQA, & Sapient Razorfish and has worked on top partner projects such as Walmart's e-commerce platform, Nike.com, & the Mercedes Benz Remote App. Of course as a Project Manager, planning and process gets him up every morning. But he mostly enjoys bringing a team of talented folks together and getting them going on a project, from start to finish, while solving challenges along the way.
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
- Gabriella Porrino, Partner Success Manager. Gabriella works for and with our partners to ensure they are getting the most value (and joy!) out of our platform. In her spare time, Gabriella bikes around NYC in search of tacos and/or vegan desserts.
- Laura Kreinbihl, Director, Partnerships: Laura sources and builds relationships with leading digital publishers that want to make their content actionable. Though a proud graduate of the landlocked THE Ohio State (go Buckeyes!), she loves the beach and can often be found hopping a quick flight to Miami for the weekend.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.