Software Engineer, Integrations
Engineering – Platform Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Software Engineer working on our Integrations Team, you will be tasked with identifying the patterns that allow us to take the complexity of the real world and abstract it for our partners. If you’re excited by great API-design and energized by enhancing the productivity of the talented engineering teams we work with, then this is an incredible opportunity.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the design of the interfaces between Button and our partners, including some of the largest companies in mobile commerce.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to develop major new products that simplify the path to integration with our network.
- Build real-time ingestion pipelines with a focus on accuracy and precision.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience building future-proof integrations against complex APIs.
- Attention to detail and an ability to anticipate challenges before they occur.
- Experience crafting robust developer APIs, and a strong bias towards simplicity and cleanliness.
- Experience writing high quality, well-tested code. You’ll be coding and shipping new services on a regular basis. Experience in Go, NodeJS, or Python - our major programming languages - is a plus.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Mike Wakerly, CTO: Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
- Jiaqi Liu, Software Engineer: Jiaqi is responsible for several backend and data engineering projects. An avid Pythonista and a frequent speaker at conferences large and small, outside of work she loves to mentor at hackathons and organize meet-ups for Women Who Code.
- Mozart Louis, Android Engineer: His name is Mozart, and yes, he does play the piano! He also happens to be a passionate Software Engineer with a specialty in Android.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.