Engineering – Infrastructure
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button.
As our next IT Engineer, you will join a small team with a big mission: Making Button the most productive, safe, and enjoyable experience for everyone at the company. Currently just over 100 people, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio that includes operational support, system administration, design, and automation for scale.
AS A IT ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and address growth-related technical issues throughout the company.
- Own and manage all of Button’s corporate IT: Office networking, laptops and hardware, internet and conferencing systems.
- Manage and automate enterprise security policies throughout our systems.
- Develop process and automation to streamline new employee onboarding, account setup, and offboarding.
- Lead vendor and security assessments related to third-party software and services.
- Organize and manage licenses for all third-party software (cloud and desktop).
- Support AV systems (Google Hangouts, camcorder recordings) and events which require them.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- At least 3 years experience in a role with a similar mix of user support and technical project delivery. You don’t necessarily need to be coming from a startup, but you should have experience in a fast-moving environment & be comfortable with less structure.
- Expert knowledge of Apple systems and software, and demonstrated sysadmin experience with Macs, and GSuite or JIRA — our primary day-to-day tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You’ll be working directly with a wide swath of the company.
- Expert knowledge of imaging / device management tools like JAMF Pro.
- Experience building automation to solve problems. Programming experience with shell scripting, Bash, or Python would be a plus.
- Experience working with distributed teams is a plus. You’ll primarily be supporting our New York headquarters, but we have offices in London and San Francisco as well.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, management, and technologies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload independently.
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Rich Kohlbrecher, IT Manager: Is keeping all the lights blinking and arming everyone with the tools they need to do their best work. Outside the office he can be found traveling up and down the North East, picking locks, or keeping a stool warm at Shopsin's.
- Mike Wakerly, CTO: Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- Kelsey Steadman, Chief of Staff: Kelsey acts as an advisor to the CEO and senior management team to optimize time and to support a more efficiently run organization. She also loves all things related to live music, from secret house shows to huge outdoor festivals; you can often find her in the back singing along (cover your ears).
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.