Product – Design
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
We’ve built our reputation on reliability and innovation, and our Design team prides itself on thoughtful user-centric, design systems that scale effortlessly while remaining transparent. We create tools and products that empower both our partners and the customers we touch.
As a Product Designer at Button, you'll tackle fascinating and challenging product design problems for both B2B and end-consumer users. You will be trusted to own your products from ideation and iteration to implementation. The opportunity to redesign mobile commerce will rely on and propel your skills forward across product strategy, user research, information architecture, UI/UX, interaction design, and design systems.
Design is part of the Product organization and designers, engineers, and product managers work together directly to shape the product - from how it is created to how it is positioned. Everybody at Button values and trusts the power of design. We're a tight, collaborative team looking for a product designer to help build products, experiences, and shape the direction of our team.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job and are open to new technologies. Our design team currently uses Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack, and JIRA–and we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A PRODUCT DESIGNER YOU WILL:
- Be actively involved in defining product strategy and roll-out within the team, collaborating with other designers and with the engineering and business teams.
- Work to execute both long and short-term goals, always looking for ways to improve systems and process.
- Conceptualize and design thoughtful user experiences and interfaces for both mobile and web.
- Contribute to our flexible design system through Button’s UI components library.
- Conduct user research and user testing with users from some of the largest Fortune 500 companies and with the average end-consumer on mobile.
- Learn new things and enjoy sharing what you're great at with others.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience on a product design or user experience team.
- Knowledge that spans user experience, user interface, user research, user testing, and interaction design.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with engineers and familiarity with HTML/CSS, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Wake, Slack, and JIRA.
- Understanding of how to move from sketches, to wireframes, to prototypes, to implementation ready designs.
- Experience with the product development process and the ability to reason through when to push back and when to make trade-offs.
- Experience working in an iterative design environment, including giving and receiving feedback from designers and non-designers, and structuring design reviews.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Shawn Chittle, Head of Design. Shawn joined Button in August of 2018. His primary mission is to support and grow the design team and to help deliver world-class experiences to our customers - and their customers, too. Shawn's passions include aviation, pool (billiards), film, biking around Manhattan, and dogs. He spends most of his time in the East Village.
- Cori Huang, Brand and Communications Designer at Button. Cori works on Button’s visual design, collaborating across teams to build Button’s visual identity and create scalable templates and assets. Cori also loves to read, travel, drink coffee, and make stuff with her hands.
- Rachel Rodden, Product Designer. Rachel joined Button in August 2018 as a product designer. She loves user research, design thinking and most importantly simple design. Less IS more. When not working, she can be found desperately wanting a dog, doing yoga, trying new restaurants and doing crafty diy projects .. (ask her what she’s currently working on).
- Chris Maddern, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Button. Prior to Button, Chris led mobile engineering at popular social payments network Venmo & has founded several mobile products startups.. some of which were successful. In his spare time, Chris is an avid foodie and wine-lover. When not eating or drinking he will always be found tinkering with some new project (or tweeting).
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.