Engineering – Data /
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality, better-performing user experiences. Along the way to building great tech for our partners, we’ve also built a phenomenal company for our employees and have been repeatedly recognized as one of NYC’s best companies.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for informing important business decisions using your understanding of Button’s unique data assets. You will create and then automate the key metrics that guide each team at Button. You will uncover and develop surprising and valuable insights within our data, and shape those into narratives that support our business. At times, you will support sales, marketing, customer success, product, engineering, while building deep relationships and a professional focus on a subset of these. Leaders across the company will look to you and the Analytics group to inform critical decisions and guide our strategic direction.
AS A DATA ANALYST YOU WILL:
- Compel data-driven analysis, draw actionable results from Button’s data, and help prioritize efforts and opportunities for the whole company (product, engineering, sales, marketing).
- Build and maintain data models, visualization tool, automated queries and reports, in order to empower teams by providing data self-service access and guidance.
- Assess performance of new product and new feature launches, A/B tests and uplift tests, audiences campaigns, or marketing campaigns.
- Work with engineers and product managers to ensure we’re capturing the data needed to measure performance of our products, and to ensure that they’re structured in the right way.
- Marketing and sales exposure: craft public-facing reports and blog posts, participate in sales pitch to showcase Button’s value proposition.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Strong expertise with SQL, and bonus point for knowledge of a scripting language, such as Python or R.
- Experience with data modeling (Airflow or dbt) as well as data visualization (Tableau or Looker).
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- A “happy warrior” mindset, who always tries to “deliver excellence” by “growing individually and organizationally”.
- Demonstrated experience with prioritizing data requests, delivering quality insights on time, and communicating them to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with engineering teams (data and software) to move data between systems and ensure necessary data is being recorded in the data warehouse.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Eléonore Jaillot, Manager of Data Analytics: Eléonore moved to NYC from France working for tech startups and cutting edge data teams. While she enjoys everything the city has to offer, from museums to over-crowded brunch places, she still remains a Frenchie at heart and will never say no to a good bread and cheese afterwork.
- Mike Wakerly, CTO: Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- Cate Maugle, Senior Revenue Operations Manager: Cate is on the RevOps Team and works cross-collaboratively with almost every team in the organization in order to streamline workflows and processes to help Button realize revenue faster. Cate went to Dickinson College (not Farleigh Dickinson) where she studied International Business and Management while on the soccer team. She is food obsessed, a dog lover and can be found baking cakes or volunteering at Animal Haven in her free time.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.