Partner Support Engineer
Product – Partner Support
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
Our two-sided marketplace provides our customers with a path to optimize revenue generation, while simultaneously providing their end users with a superior user experience tailored for the mobile world. As owners of this ever expanding marketplace, it’s our responsibility to ensure product health, and performance of the marketplace by providing exceptional, knowledgeable support to people who engage with our products.
As a Partner Support Engineer at Button, you will work as a member of our Partner Support team, and engage directly with our customers to achieve this level of satisfaction and omotenashi. You will be responsible for answering product inquiries and providing technical assistance for issues with Button’s products - thus ensuring the stability, integrity, and success of Button’s Marketplace.
As part of our “customer front line”, you’ll translate support trends directly into product feedback for our Product, Engineering, and Integrations teams. This exposure to world-class software stacks at both Button and our customers offers a unique opportunity to expand your technical knowledge, which you’ll do by both debugging and triaging Button products and through collaboration with our Escalation Engineering team.
As a company, we believe in finding the right tool for the right job, and are fanatics about experimenting with new technologies. The tools we use today are Slack, Zendesk, JIRA, Salesforce and a host of proprietary tools we’ve built - but we’re just as excited about what we’ll use next.
AS A PARTNER SUPPORT ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Triage, route, and manage customer communications around technical issues with our product through to resolution
- Translate support trends into product feature & improvement feedback to our Product, Engineering, and Integration teams
- Educate customers with product related inquiries
- Contribute to internal & external knowledge bases
- Partner with Product & Integrations to manage product optimization
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO:
- 3+ years of experience supporting software products at a B2B company
- A commitment to provide outstanding customer experiences
- Organize and lead projects to help scale the Partner Support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly, and prioritize effectively
- A solutions oriented approach in the face of ambiguity
- Curiosity for technical concepts. The excitement and intuition to pull on a thread
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Riane Williams, Manager of Partner Support. Riane manages our Partner Support team at Button, making sure Button is providing the best support to our customers and partners. In her free time, you can probably find her at a concert, brewery, or somewhere abroad.
- Siddhartha Dabral, Co-Founder and Vice President of Partner Engineering. Sid is one of Button's Co-Founders. He leads partner integrations at Button by coordinating technical efforts between Button's engineering team & their counterparts at our top tier partners. An engineer at his core, he loves to build & tinker. He's also an avid sports fan, plays several musical instruments, and is the reigning ping pong champion at Button!
- Mary O'Reilly, Partner Support Engineer. Mary works as a Partner Support Engineer, helping support Button’s teammates, partners, and end users to ensure the most effortless experiences possible. In her spare time, Mary can usually be found brewing tea, exploring Brooklyn, or seeking out the next best spot for soup dumplings!
- Ami Domadia, Partner Support Engineer. Ami is a Partner Support Engineer in the Partner Support team. She has worked in both enterprise (nuclear power) and consumer (e-commerce) software startups before Button. When not investigating issues, either out hiking or organizing a board game night with friends.
- Mychal Stanley, Partner Support Engineer. Mychal is on the Partner Support team. Most previously, he was at Square for 6+ years. You can talk to him (at your own risk) about music, video games, movies, and baseball (go Braves!).
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.