Senior Android Engineer
Engineering – Product Engineering
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Button, your code will “light up” overnight, resulting in a huge, high-impact opportunity. You’ll be responsible for building our Publisher SDK, open source Merchant Library, and many more tools and apps. Not only are these components critical to us, but they are a major selling point to our partners — applications that have millions of installs.
AS A SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Design, build, and maintain our Android libraries, building best-in-class experiences that make Button (and our partners) truly shine.
- Produce high-quality, well-documented and well-tested code.
- Design software to be simple and self-service, but be available to support “high touch” partners for important integrations.
- Produce exemplary Java and Kotlin code and intuitive, idiomatic Android components.
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and work with in-house designers to develop clean UI components.
- Shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Examples and insights from working on highly visible open source projects, applications, and/or libraries.
- A keen sense for how the Android platform works under-the-hood.
- An eye for every little detail, whether it’s in the code or the user interface.
- You’re not a designer, but you can tell when something doesn’t feel just right — and you aren’t satisfied until it does.
- A “Full stack” attitude — you are passionate about all things Android, and you’re comfortable elsewhere in the stack, too.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- James(or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We’ve raised $65M in funding. Most recently we announced our $30M Series C in June 2019, led by Icon Ventures. Our investors include Norwest, Redpoint, Greycroft, DCM, and Capital One Ventures. We’re approximately 40 engineers and 120 people overall.
- We believe and invest in personal growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune, Inc., and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in the US.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google; from financial giants like Bloomberg and MasterCard; and from previous startups like Chartbeat, Compass, and Blue Apron. We were especially proud the first time we hired a coding boot camp graduate.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.