Legal – Legal
Button builds meaningful connections between mobile apps, providing the connective fabric that allows apps to guide their users to make the right purchase at the right time. We’ve built our reputation on reliability and innovation, and we are committed to building systems and processes with a focus on quality and scale.
As an Assistant Counsel at Button, you will work closely with the Associate Counsel, Head of Finance and CEO to help manage the legal affairs of our business as it transforms mobile commerce, driving revenue, and growth amongst the world’s largest mobile apps.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for building businesses, collaborating closely with both internal teams and external partners, creative problem solving, and being part of a high-growth business; someone who will be comfortable being uncomfortable at times in furtherance of being part of a fast-paced tech start-up.
As a company, we believe in assembling the best team in the world - a team that will redefine the mobile experience.
AS AN ASSISTANT COUNSEL YOU WILL:
- Support the growth of an international business by assisting in the negotiation of partnerships with the leading e-commerce merchants and biggest publishers in the world;
- Build processes to manage Button’s legal affairs, including its contract management, intellectual property portfolio and international data privacy compliance efforts;
- Support legal activities related to all financings and M&A activity
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- JD degree from top law school, with a minimum of 2 years of experience at top law firm and corporation
- Active and in good standing in the New York State Bar
- Strong intellectual curiosity and comfort with the unknown and ambiguous
- Excellent contract experience, including an understanding of intellectual property issues and ability to issue spot for legal and business issues
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively with other teams
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Jonathan Kraft, Associate Counsel: Jonathan oversees Button’s legal affairs. Previously, Jonathan built out and managed the legal functions of the portfolio companies of a publicly-traded corporation as well as overseeing the parent’s corporate and public company reporting functions. Jonathan is most often found either running around New York City or running to lunch.
- Stephen Milbank, Co-Founder and Head of Finance: Stephen is the Co-Founder and finance guy at Button. Stephen hails from the country of Texas, previously sang backup for Shania Twain, and has an appreciation for the oxford comma.
- Chloe Barritault, Director of Sales Operations: With almost 10 years of international sales engineering and sales enablement experiences, she joined us from digital marketing company Impact. There, she successfully designed, built, and led teams across the US, Europe and Asia, and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth. Prior to that , Chloe started her carrier in Business Development and Sales Engineering at Wildfire & Google. Fun fact: Chloe was originally born in the country side of France (between Bordeaux and Paris) and has lived in London UK, Santa Barbara California and moved to New York City recently! She enjoys traveling and meeting people around the wrld. When she’s back in NYC, you’ll find her wandering around East Village to discover new trendy bars and restaurants!
- Jonathan Shottan, Chief Product Officer. Prior to Button Jonathan lead various product divisions at Pinterest, Facebook and a few smaller startups. All of which led him to Button. Jonathan served in the Peace Corps right out of college and lived in The Gambia, Africa.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.