Product – Product Management
Button’s mission is to be "the better way" in mobile commerce. Today we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality, better-performing user experiences. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Product Manager at Button, you will be responsible for devising, developing, and overseeing the creation of Button products with a keen eye on our customer needs, business goals, and vision for the future of mobile commerce.
Button Product Managers work with teams of engineers and designers to build products. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. This position is full-time and based at our New York City office.
We’re very much at the vanguard of building a new way to do business in mobile, which is where you come in.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Button’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product management or product design
- A minimum of 5 years of experience creating examples through wire-frames and mock-ups
- Fluency in the technical architecture of mobile applications
- Strong, proven, organizational and analytical skills
- Scaled business solutions on consumer platforms
- Experience operating in a marketplace business
- The ability to take a product / line from inception to launch and growth
- The ability to work directly with customers to understand their needs and what they will adopt
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Jonathan Shottan, VP of Product. Prior to Button Jonathan lead various product divisions at Pinterest, Facebook and a few smaller startups. All of which led him to Button. Jonathan served in the Peace Corps right out of college and lived in The Gambia, Africa.
- Rachel Rodden, Product Designer. Rachel joined Button in August 2018 as a product designer. She loves user research, design thinking and most importantly simple design. Less IS more. When not working, she can be found desperately wanting a dog, doing yoga, trying new restaurants and doing crafty diy projects .. (ask her what she’s currently working on).
- Vanessa Munda, Director of Product Marketing. Vanessa leads product marketing at Button and helps craft our positioning, messaging and GTM plans to bring our technology to life. Vanessa is Japanese-Canadian and grew up near Toronto, she spent five years working at startups in London, UK and she loves old-school Nintendo games!
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.