People – Recruiting
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality, better-performing user experiences. Along the way to building great tech for our partners, we’ve also built a phenomenal company for our employees and have been repeatedly recognized as one of NYC’s best companies.
As a Recruiter at Button, you are a curious learner and creative storyteller who partners with hiring managers within sales, marketing, legal, and finance teams to develop effective strategies, stories, and initiatives to build and grow teams with top talent. You value responsiveness, proactiveness, and every detail, crafting memorable experiences at every stage of the candidate lifecycle. Not only will you serve as a brand ambassador, but a keeper of best practices and processes. You can effectively manage multiple moving parts without missing a beat.
As a recruiter, you serve as a project manager for each search, proactively thinking ahead about that next step from a company and candidate perspective. You are a strong communicator and can articulate action items and set deadlines across your hiring teams. Lastly, our next teammate is passionate about the art and science of recruiting - utilizing a combination of creativity, relationship building, hustle, research, and data to craft the best possible candidate experience and make well-informed hiring decisions.
AS A RECRUITER YOU WILL:
- Proactively recruit sales, marketing, finance, and product professionals into roles in which they will be most effective and engaged.
- Own and manage every stage of the recruiting and candidate lifecycle for your open roles, including role creation and kickoffs, sourcing qualified candidates, building creative recruiting strategies, interviewing, interview coordination, facilitating hiring decisions, and extending offers.
- Lead creative & innovative recruiting, sourcing, and employer branding initiatives to build pipelines.
- Work and collaborate with a people team of 10, sharing best practices and evolving our technique across all roles.
- Direct and set strategy around specific hiring panels and roles.
- Track and report on key recruiting metrics and use that data to drive decisions.
- Lead and contribute to innovative recruiting programs and special projects.
- Exemplify Button's core values in all of your communications. Whether or not it works out, candidates will love communicating with you.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 3-5 years sourcing and recruiting for highly competitive roles within the technology industry.
- An enthusiasm for becoming an expert of your domain and intimately understanding the requirements of a role.
- An ability to resonate with candidates by speaking to not just the "what", but the "why" behind the skills we are looking for.
- Extremely good self-organization, self-motivation, and prioritization.
- A reputation for responsiveness and attention to detail -- you understand the impact this has on candidate experience and hiring the next amazing Buttonian.
- Proven ability to build relationships, trust, and drive accountability with senior technical leadership and executives.
- A desire to make every candidate experience magical and better than the last.
- Admirable critical and creative thinking skills - you’re solution-oriented at heart.
- Appreciation for creating, sticking to, and sharing recruiting processes & best practices across the company.
- Unbounded initiative, personal accountability, grit, responsiveness, and integrity.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Stephanie Mardell, VP of People, Stephanie is the VP of People at Button. As the first employee tasked with building Button’s People Team from scratch, Stephanie has built, nurtured, and evolved Button into a place of admirable talent through a meticulous balance of science and soul.
- Beth Werkstell, Manager of Talent Acquisition, Beth is responsible for bringing some of the best talent in the world into Button's universe. Like a shark, Beth keeps moving, scouring Linkedin, Github and AngelList for the next wave of talented Buttonians. When Beth isn't crushing with Stephanie, she spends her time explaining to her toddler that his baby brother is not a drum.
- Brian Kustera, Recruiter, Brian works on finding and hiring talented new Buttonians. Channeling his passion for making others happy, Brian cultivates a candidate experience that is empowering, supportive, fun and uniquely Button. He's big on laughter, hugs and oversharing things about his personal life.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We believe and invest in individual and organizational growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve raised over $64 million in venture capital and have been recognized year after year as one of the best places to work by Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Crain’s.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google and Uber, other tech startups, and big finance companies. And for several folks on our team, Button is their first tech job. Regardless of where you're from, we look for teammates excited to grow with one of our core team values: "We are all students and we are all teachers".
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.