Director of Financial Systems
Finance – Finance
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As Button has grown, our finances have become more complex. In response, we’re implementing better systems and tools to increase our efficiency. In this role, you’ll scale and improve our existing financial systems as well as develop new ones, leveraging technology to optimize and scale our Finance team's operations.
As as Financial Systems Director, you will be responsible for the organization’s current tools (Netsuite, Abacus & Carta) as well as lead the adoption of new tools for eProcurement, Planning and RPA. You will provide leadership and make significant contributions to our key financial systems, utilizing your expertise, time management skills, and creativity to enhance the business.
AS A FINANCIAL SYSTEMS DIRECTOR YOU WILL:
- Maintain and augment the capabilities of current systems including Netsuite, Abacus and Carta
- Document business requirements and map them to ERP functionality
- Integrate Netsuite with subsidiary systems (payroll, CRM, etc)
- Develop and monitor the Financial Systems budget
- Establish and maintain a governance process covering changes in hierarchies and accounts, chart of account definitions, user rights and business rules
- Deliver feature requests in the key financial systems through configuration and/or code development
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- General understanding of accounting principles as it pertains to: General Ledger, A/P, A/R, Revenue Recognition and Fixed Assets
- Experience establishing priorities within a team construct
- Strong customer service orientation with a proactive approach and sensitivity towards consistently improving service for the business - demonstrated record of high customer satisfaction
- NetSuite Certified SuiteCloud Developer or NetSuite Certified Administrator
- 5+ years experience in financial systems administration with a preference for Netsuite, Coupa and Salesforce experience
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Ken Stelzer, Chief Financial Officer: Ken leads the Finance and Legal teams at Button and is charged with preparing them to support Button as the business continues to scale. He is a long-term technology CFO with a particular focus on two-sided marketplaces having previously been CFO of Zocdoc and Bankrate
- Peter Carfaro, Assistant Controller: Peter is Button’s lead accountant and is a systems aficionado.
- Jonathan Kraft, Counsel: Jonathan oversees Button’s legal affairs. Previously, Jonathan built out and managed the legal functions of the portfolio companies of a publicly-traded corporation as well as overseeing the parent’s corporate and public company reporting functions. Jonathan is most often found either running around New York City or running to lunch.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.