People – Recruiting
Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. Our Recruiting Team prides itself on delivering a carefully crafted candidate experience and rigorous interviewing.
As a Technical Recruiter at Button, you will be responsible for hiring technical talent to our engineering teams including; software engineers, engineering managers, tech leads, test engineers, and so on! You will own the entire candidate experience and lifecycle. You will be an active participant in building a strong recruiting culture - prioritizing and developing our brand through candidate experiences and advising our talented managers on recruiting best practices and processes in order to build and grow their teams. You will be responsible for upholding our recruiting values which includes a phenomenal candidate experience, anticipating candidate needs, responsiveness, ownership and initiative, and cross-department collaboration.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the art and science of recruiting - utilizing a combination of research, relationship building, hustle, data, and attention to detail to craft the best candidate experience and make well-informed hiring decisions.
AS A RECRUITER YOU WILL:
- Recruit 5+ technical professionals per quarter into roles in which they will be most effective and successful.
- Own and manage every stage of the recruiting and candidate lifecycle for your open roles including role creation and kickoffs, sourcing and creative recruiting strategies, interviewing, interview coordination, facilitating hiring decisions, and extending offers.
- Lead creative & innovative recruiting, sourcing, and employer branding initiatives.
- Work and collaborate with a people team of 8, sharing best practices and evolving our technique across all roles.
- Help build and set strategy around specific hiring panels and roles.
- Track and report on key recruiting metrics.
- Lead and contribute to innovative recruiting programs and special projects.
- Exemplify Button's core values in all of your communications. Whether or not it works out, candidates will love communicating with you.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 3-5 years of technical recruiting for highly competitive roles within the technology industry.
- An enthusiasm for becoming a "chameleon" and intimately understanding the requirements of a role.
- Candidates appreciate that you can speak to not just the "what", but the "why" behind technical skills we're looking for.
- Extremely good self-organization and prioritization.
- Your responsiveness and attention to detail may be the difference that gets the next amazing co-worker working at Button.
- Proven ability to build relationships, trust, and drive accountability with senior technical leadership and executives.
- A desire to make every candidate experience magical and better than the last.
- Admirable critical and creative thinking skills - you’re solution-oriented at heart.
- Appreciation for creating, sticking to, and sharing recruiting processes & best practices across the company.
- Unbounded initiative, personal accountability, grit, responsiveness, and integrity.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Stephanie Mardell, VP of People: Stephanie is responsible for all things people including recruiting, performance management, compensation, and people happiness programs. Encouraging and supporting her fellow Buttonians to do the best work of their lives is what gets her out of bed in the morning...as well as earthy coffee, a breakfast feast, and tending to her 46 plants.
- Mike Wakerly, CTO: Mikey is Button’s Hawaiian shirt enthusiast and Chief Technology Officer. A former Googler and a San Francisco transplant, he loves mountain biking, tinkering on electronics, and any excuse to take a road trip.
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
- Chris Waye, Technical Recruiter: Chris is focused on growing our tech teams by going into sourcing trances, building relationships, hiring top talent and organizing our tech recruiting infrastructure. He is a huge dog lover, enjoys running marathons and dreams of working with Michael Scott one day.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.