Manager, Data Analytics
Engineering – Data
As a Manager of Data Analytics at Button you will provide technical leadership to all of our insights and data support projects. You will manage multiple data analysts, providing guidance on their projects as well as long term career growth. You’ll work with other team leads and partnering teams throughout the company to represent the voice of Button’s data in our most critical strategic decisions, and shaping the narrative for how Button is represented in the market. You will work alongside leaders throughout the company to help them understand the status and trajectory of the company and of our partners.
AS ANALYTICS MANAGER YOU WILL:
- Lead and grow a team of data analysts
- Identify opportunities for key data insights that can advance our business
- Be a strong advocate for internal data priorities and key projects
- Represent Button with our partner’s data teams
- Identify areas to scale our data processes as our business and data sets grow
- Lead hiring efforts for the team
- Provide technical leadership within the Engineering organization by demonstrating excellence and embodying Button’s values
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Enthusiasm for supporting personal growth on their teams
- Experience leading large scale data projects
- Open and active in sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills
- High proficiency manipulating data with SQL
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Brad Groff, Director of Data: Brad is the head of the Data team at Button. Before joining us, he ran data science and data engineering at Ordergroove, and managed data science teams at Capital One and Booz Allen Hamilton. In his free time, he can be found engaging in lengthy discussions with his daughter on topics such as which colors are his favorite colors and why, how some monsters can be nice and others can be mean (but sometimes just because they're hungry), and which things are the silliest things.
- Mijail Gomez, Data Science Engineer: Mijail has worked on event ingestion, data processing frameworks, data standardization, and experimentation frameworks. He loves having discussions on data architecture, systems and tech. Before Button he was in SF working in early stage startups. Outside of work he enjoys soccer, hiking, and exploring new burger places in NYC.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We raised a $12M Series A in 2015(led by Redpoint) and a $20M Series B in 2017(led by Norwest).
- We believe and invest in personal growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in NYC, for example.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google; from financial giants like Bloomberg and MasterCard; and from previous startups like Chartbeat, Compass, and Blue Apron. We were especially proud the first time we hired a coding boot camp graduate.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.