Finance – Controllership
We’re on a mission to assemble the best team in the world - a team that will redefine the mobile experience. To help us grow, we are seeking an accounting professional who will work closely with the CFO, Controller, Asst. Controller and accounting team to direct day-to-day accounting and reporting of our business as it transforms mobile commerce, driving revenue, and growth amongst the world’s largest mobile apps.
The Senior Accountant is a dynamic role in a fast-paced environment with direct exposure to all levels of the organization. Button is looking for someone that wants to understand all facets of a company’s financials and play a key role in the company’s growth.
The ideal candidate has a passion for accounting, collaborating closely with internal teams and external partners, creative problem solving, and being part of a high-growth business.
AS A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT YOU WILL:
- Work directly with the Controller, Asst. Controller and accounting team to execute Button’s current 8 day close while helping to develop processes to reduce close to 5 days. Ultimate goal is a 1 day virtual daily close.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Act as an integral part of the month end close process via review of fixed assets and leases, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Assist on monthly invoicing and cash receipts. Assist in developing workflows to automate financial and transactional information data flows.
- Assist with procure-to pay, expense reporting, payables and cash management.
- Develop and maintain quality controls over expense transactions and reporting. Recommend changes to reports and processes to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Assist with the financial audit, with full exposure throughout the entire process.
- Evaluate and assess the impact of new GAAP pronouncements/standards on the Company’s financial statements.
- Track and manage key company KPIs and produce key findings.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- 2-4 years experience, including at least one “busy season” preferably at a Big 4 or top tier Accounting Firm
- Active CPA license in good standing
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business
- Strong quantitative skills and a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Understanding and exposure to Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) and related technical guidance
- SOX and Internal Control experience
- Significant experience with accounting ERP systems, whether used first hand or via audits (knowledge of NetSuite and Coupa a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionality within the Company
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to managers, peers and third parties
- Love for the tech industry and small, fast growing start-ups
- Driven to work in a fast-paced environment with strong project management skills and a fierce entrepreneurial spirit
- History of high performance
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Mike Sepesi, Controller: Mike joined Button in January 2019. He started his career at DeloitteTouche as an auditor and has worked in a variety of CFO and Controller roles in private and public industry. Mike enjoys movies, concerts, theatre, dining out and exploring new restaurants with his wife. He also enjoys sports (Yankees, Packers, Celtics) and playing golf.
- Peter Cafaro, Assistant Controller: Peter joined Button in early 2018. Prior to joining Button, Peter worked at Mashable as an Accounting connoisseur. In his free time, Peter enjoys watching new tv shows, trying new food and commuting on the Metro-North.
- Yuwei Chen, Staff Accountant: Yuwei joined Button in August 2018. Prior to joining Button, Yuwei worked at Baker Tilly, a mid-size public accounting firm, for two busy seasons and received her CPA license in early 2019. Outside of work, Yuwei enjoys spending time in nature, traveling around the world, and playing with her puppy.
- Luka Jorjoliani, Staff Accountant: Luka joined button in December 2018, Prior to joining Button Luka worked at Boxed as an Accounting Analyst. In his free time Luka enjoys refining his cooking skills and visiting his local coffee shops.
- Jonathan Kraft, Associate Counsel: Jonathan oversees Button’s legal affairs. Previously, Jonathan built out and managed the legal functions of the portfolio companies of a publicly-traded corporation as well as overseeing the parent’s corporate and public company reporting functions. Jonathan is most often found either running around New York City or running to lunch.
- Ken Stelzer, CFO: As Chief Financial Officer, Ken will build a strategic finance function at Button to accelerate revenue and profit growth. Ken brings nearly 20 years of experience in finance and operations at both public and private companies. Most recently, Ken was the CFO of Zocdoc, prior to which he served as CFO of Bankrate and Integreon. He has significant expertise in corporate finance, executing growth initiatives and implementing operational efficiencies to drive profitability. He’s also overseen M&A transactions valued at more than $6 billion and helped raise more than $4 billion in capital through debt and equity offerings.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
To read more about what personal information we collect on your behalf and for what purposes we use such information, click here.