Business Operations & Strategy Associate
Revenue – Business Operations
The Business Operations & Strategy team ensures that Button focuses on the important, not just the urgent and helps drive critical business decision-making that will shape the future of our company.
Working at Button is one of the most fun, fulfilling, and challenging experiences you'll have - and it's one of the reasons why we were voted the best place to work in NYC.
We’re looking for a Business Operations & Strategy Associate to join our growing team. As a Biz Ops Associate you will be responsible for owning your own high impact projects touching all parts of our business. Your primary aim is to make things better at Button - whether that’s helping us optimize our Business model, make a critical business decision that impacts the direction of the business, or figuring out a better way to get things done.
AS A BUSINESS OPERATIONS & STRATEGY ASSOCIATE, YOU WILL:
- Be the analytical expert of the Revenue team, delivering data and insights to the team to support business negotiations and better serve our partners
- Help make data and insights more accessible, by building dashboards in tableau and being the go-to person on the team for data
- Wow the team with your Excel skills as you model key decisions for the business
- Drive the Revenue team’s pipeline of experimentation to help us learn and adapt our business model
- Identify opportunities for Button to be better, and then make the change you want to see
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience in an analytical role (management consulting and/or corporate strategy experience preferred)
- Analytical approach to problems and a big picture view on what could be driving circumstances/patterns
- Love of data and desire to extract all possible insights from the data
- An autonomous worker who knows how to “own” projects with the appropriate amount of support
- Skilled at communicating complicated data/situations/decisions in a clear and concise manner
- An expert in Excel, bonus points for experience with tableau or another data visualization software
- Experience or ability to demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration skills
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Chloe Barritault, Director of Sales Operations. With almost 10 years of international sales engineering and sales enablement experiences, she joined us from digital marketing company Impact. There, she successfully designed, built, and led teams across the US, Europe and Asia, and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth. Prior to that , Chloe started her carrier in Business Development and Sales Engineering at Wildfire & Google. Fun fact: Chloe was originally born in the country side of France (between Bordeaux and Paris) and has lived in London UK, Santa Barbara California and moved to New York City recently! She enjoys traveling and meeting people around the wrld. When she’s back in NYC, you’ll find her wandering around East Village to discover new trendy bars and restaurants!
- Nicole Silver, Vice President of Marketing at Button. Prior to joining Button, Nicole led marketing at Moat, where she established the marketing function, built the marketing team, and launched global marketing programs leading up to Moat’s acquisition by Oracle in 2017. Nicole is a fitness enthusiast and loves running and spending time with her family in Prospect Park.
- Daniel Ollgaard, Business Strategy & Operations Manager. Daniel’s role on the team is focused on providing the leadership team at Button with the insight needed to execute on business targets, for example through detailed revenue forecasting. Prior to joining Button he worked at Expand Research, BCG’s financial services benchmarking arm, e.g. working with CIOs to help them right-size their operations. In his free-time Daniel is working hard at trying every craft beer NYC has to offer.
- Marietta Coburn, Business Operations and Strategy Manager. At Button, Marietta's responsibilities including pricing model updates to activating new customer segments. When not working, she is most likely continuing her quest to find the best matcha in NYC or attempting to finally nail a handstand in a yoga class.
- Tijs van Santen, CRO: Tijs is the Chief Revenue Officer of Button. With more than a decade of international sales leadership experience, Tijs joined Button from marketing technology platform Impact Radius, where he served as CRO. There, he successfully designed, built, and led teams across the US, Europe and Asia, and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth. Prior to Impact Radius, Tijs served as the VP of Global Sales at Forrester Research, and has held a variety of positions at one of the world’s most influential research and advisory firms beforehand. He has grown and managed teams worldwide, successfully designing and building global sales organizations.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We believe and invest in individual and organizational growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve raised over $64 million in venture capital and have been recognized year after year as one of the best places to work by Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Crain’s.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google and Uber, other tech startups, and big finance companies. And for several folks on our team, Button is their first tech job. Regardless of where you're from, we look for teammates excited to grow with one of our core team values: "We are all students and we are all teachers".
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.