Data Analyst, Revenue
Revenue – Partnerships
Button’s mission is to be the abstraction point for mobile commerce. Today we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, connecting customers through higher-quality and better-performing user experiences. Data is at the very core of proving we’re on the right track and deciding where to go next, and that is where you fit in.
As a member of our Data Analytics Team embedded in the Revenue Team, you will be responsible for empowering everyone at Button to access and use data to advance the business. You will be a partner to our customer success, revenue, finance, marketing and strategy teams, preparing them with key insights from challenging datasets. You will have a foundational role in shaping how these teams draw key insights and use data effectively and consistently to drive our business forward.
AS A DATA ANALYST YOU WILL:
- Identify patterns and trends that others miss, and uncover ways we can improve our business
- Partner with our customer success, sales, and finance teams to tackle their data challenges both in real time with quick analyses as well as through longer term projects
- Be the main owner and author of dashboards that teams use on a daily & weekly basis
- Uncover areas that consistently cause confusion and identify the best paths to resolution and clarity
- You’ll be the guide to all things data for the Revenue team
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Experience with SQL and BI tools
- We use Chart.io, but experience in similar tools like Tableau is great too
- Familiarity with relational databases and big data warehouses, such as MySQL, Postgres, and Redshift
- An open and active approach to sharing knowledge and excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with data exploration using Python as well as common third party tools like Salesforce
- Expert critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Curiosity and a hunger to continually dig deeper into the data
YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Hayley Margio, Director, Business Operations & Strategy: Hayley grew up on two different continents but went to the same school twice. She is the pre-eminent boutique fitness connoisseur at ButtonHQ and will be first in line at new vegetarian restaurants in NYC.
- Wilson Tsao, Analytics Manager, Engineering: Wilson was previously in similar roles at Eventbrite, Yingli Solar, and Goldman Sachs. He enjoys playing and watching basketball in his spare time.
- Leo Chiang, Data Scientist: Leo focuses on business intelligence at Button. He will nerd out with you over podcasts, music, or running any time! Prior to Button, Leo worked on Progressive campaigns and led a data team at Every town for Gun Safety.
- Tijs van Santen, Chief Revenue Officer: Tijs has more than a decade of international sales leadership experience, Tijs joined Button from marketing technology platform Impact Radius, where he served as CRO. There, he successfully designed, built, and led teams across the US, Europe and Asia, and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth. Prior to Impact Radius, Tijs served as the VP of Global Sales at Forrester Research, and has held a variety of positions at one of the world’s most influential research and advisory firms beforehand. He has grown and managed teams worldwide, successfully designing and building global sales organizations.
- Clo Barritault, Director of Sales Operations. With almost 10 years of international sales engineering and sales enablement experiences, she joined us from digital marketing company Impact. There, she successfully designed, built, and led teams across the US, Europe and Asia, and helped deliver over 1000% revenue growth. Prior to that , Chloe started her carrier in Business Development and Sales Engineering at Wildfire & Google. Fun fact: Chloe was originally born in the country side of France (between Bordeaux and Paris) and has lived in London UK, Santa Barbara California and moved to New York City recently! She enjoys traveling and meeting people around the world. When she’s back in NYC, you’ll find her wandering around East Village to discover new trendy bars and restaurants!
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.