Senior Front-end Developer
Design & Development – Development
Is your HTML, CSS, ping pong back hand and meme game strong? Onward!
As a BVAccel Senior Front-end Developer, you'll create killer front-end work and custom, highly-converting eCommerce storefronts. You'll become an expert in conversion rate optimization - helping brands you know and love leverage data to accelerate revenue. You'll work directly with our award-winning creative team, account strategists and project managers to produce work you can be proud of for brands your friends have heard of.
**We are not currently accepting applicants who require sponsorship to work in the US**
What you'll do...
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS/LiquidDeliver high output as an individual contributor across an array of projects while meeting deadlines
- Rigorously educate yourself on the latest development techniques and best practices
- Solve technical problems and clearly communicate solutions to team members and clients
- Create documentation for internal teams as well as clients
- Act as a primary technical resource for an agile team
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives
- Research and deliver the best technical implementations for our eCommerce partners
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests
- Perform code reviews, with valuable feedback and mentoring, for mid and associate level developers
What you'll need...
- 5+ years experience converting design mockups into interactive digital experiences
- Experience using JS libraries (jQuery, react.js, etc.)
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.)
- Proficiency in integrating dynamic content solutions with AJAX or API Services
- Well-versed in version control systems (git, svn)
- Experience working with a CMSA solid portfolio of quality, hand-coded responsive web projects (github, codepen, etc.)
- Deep understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- A passion for front-end architecture as well as driven attitude towards learning new web technologies
- A knack for creating captivating user experiences through today’s leading technology stacks
Bonus points for...
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Experience developing with prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Knowledge in JS full stack (Node, Express, React)Versed in agile development and best practices
- Experience with recruitment process
- Open-source contributor / active development community member
- Computer science or related, quantitative, undergraduate degree, development certificate, or comparable educational achievement
Who we are...
- We are a team that leads with results, works hard to build the better, optimizes inward, stays gritty, and strives for excellence
- We’re a member of San Diego Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work, a 100+ person work fam, passionate, high-growth, fast paced and all in
- We enjoy tons of office perks, a full social calendar, casual dress code, competitive benefits, unlimited PTO and free swag from premier client brands
- We are motivated, ambitious and ready to join forces with you to take on the digital world!
What we do...
- We’re one of the six pioneer Shopify Plus agency partners, currently the largest in the world
- We partner with Shopify Plus, Google, Yotpo, Dynamic Yield and Workarea to offer website design/development, digital marketing, Amazon services and conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- We are innovative, data driven eCommerce experts with a best-in-class technology stack that allows us to create valuable digital experiences and accelerated revenue for our clients
BVAccel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.