Head of Trust & Safety
NYC, SF, Remote /
byte is a video communities app built by some of the same people that brought you Vine. Our goal is to enable self expression and connection through the medium of video. We launched at the end of January and are growing fast!
We're looking for a Head of Trust and Safety to lead our T&S efforts and team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our team of moderators, giving feedback as needed and encouraging the highest levels of quality
- Help draft and enforce internal and external guidelines, policies, and processes
- Enforce byte's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines
- Implement byte's DMCA (and similar laws) compliance
- Define, track, and analyze key metrics, looking at the data to identify trends and develop improvements and solutions, both internally and externally
- Coordinate with our Support Specialist to investigate and respond to incidents of fraud, spam, content abuse, and other problematic activities on the platform
- Monitor global news for events that may present risks related to fraud, abuse, and trust
- Collaborate with related stakeholders, including legal, communications, and product teams, on time-sensitive policy escalations
- Work with our developers to implement content abuse technologies that increase team productivity and allow us to scale
- Someone who has spent 3-5 years in a trust & safety management or related role
- Experienced with policies and their implementation / evolution
- Passionate about the safety and integrity of social platforms and a believer in our mission to put creativity first in all that we do
- Dedicated to ensuring the positive experiences of anyone on byte
- Not afraid to dive into sensitive topics and hot-button issues
- A strategic big-picture thinker who can also bring your empathy and understanding to handling any issue, with an intimate attention to the people involved
- Adaptive to new information and circumstances in a fast-paced and highly scrutinized industry
- Creative in the face of non-standard situations
- Enthusiastic about data to support your instincts and insights
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail, with impeccable written communication skills
We’re an early stage company with very strong investors and advisors on board to help us along the way. We provide fully paid medical benefits and unlimited vacation days.
Byte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.