NYC, SF, Remote /
byte is a video communities app built by some built by some of the same people that brought you Vine. Our goal is to enable self expression and connection through the medium of video. We launched at the end of January and are growing fast!
We’re looking for machine learning engineers to develop and deploy models in production, starting with recommendation engines. We care about making products that create connections in our community, and aim to deploy models that we can understand and explain. As a plus, we’d love it if you’re interested in the artistic side of ML engineering; how can we leverage the latest developments in machine learning and generative models to unlock creativity and collaboration?
- Design, train, and deploy machine learning models in a production environment
- Work closely with the backend API team to understand model requirements as they pertain to new product development and features
- Write Python and Pytorch code
- Work with our backend and data stack built on Golang, Google Spanner, and Google BigQuery
You are someone who
- Has experience deploying machine learning models in production
- Employs a rigorous, data-driven model to model development while balancing product and anti-abuse constraints
- Is a creative thinker and can identify the best features from byte’s dataset to train new models and unlock new product opportunities
- Has a passion for writing high-quality code that’s correct, performant, and clean.
- Thrives in a remote environment: takes initiative with limited direction and has a bias for action and shipping
We’re an early stage company with very strong investors and advisors on board to help us along the way. We provide fully paid medical benefits and unlimited vacation days.
byte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.