NYC, SF, Remote /
byte is a video communities app built by some built by some of the same people that brought you Vine. Our goal is to enable self expression and connection through the medium of video. We launched at the end of January and are growing fast!
We're looking for engineers that are thoughtful and excited about helping creators express themselves by building new tools and systems to help people discover content that suits them. Our backend is built on Google Cloud using Go, Spanner, Redis, BigQuery, Cloud PubSub, Cloud Tasks, Cloud Storage, Datadog, App Engine, and Kubernetes.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Set engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You are someone who
- Enjoys and has experience building APIs, systems, and services.
- Has a passion for writing high-quality code that’s correct, performant, and clean.
- Has experience with databases, caching, security, data pipelines, and site reliability engineering.
- Thrives in a remote environment: takes initiative with limited direction and has a bias for action and shipping
Experience in the specific technologies and languages we use is helpful but not required. We are more interested in your general engineering skill and excitement to contribute to what we're building.
We’re an early stage company with very strong investors and advisors on board to help us along the way. We provide fully paid medical benefits and unlimited vacation days.
Byte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.