NYC, SF, Remote
byte is an app where creators make looping 6 second videos---built by some of the same people that brought you Vine. Our goals are to democratize creativity and give our audience tools to make creative, interesting, and unique content. We launched at the end of January and have fundraised enough to get us to our next goal.
We're looking for Android engineers that are thoughtful and excited about helping creators express themselves. We’re building in Kotlin with heavy use of Retrofit, RxJava, Room, and Dagger.
- Build, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our Android application.
- Debug production issues across a multi-module application.
- Set engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You are someone who
- Enjoys and has experience building intuitive, performant mobile interactions and UI.
- Has a passion for writing high-quality code that’s correct, performant, and clean.
- Has experience with databases, user interaction design, and media playback and creation.
- Thrives in a small, fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Experience in the specific technologies and languages we use is helpful but not required. We are more interested in your general engineering skill and excitement to contribute to what we're building.
We’re an early stage company with very strong investors and advisors on board to help us along the way. We provide fully paid medical benefits and unlimited vacation days.
Byte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.