Video Graphics Engineer
NYC, SF, Remote /
byte is an app where creators make short, looping videos, built by some of the same people that brought you Vine. Our goals are to democratize creativity and give our audience tools to make creative, interesting, and unique content. We launched at the end of January and are growing fast!
We're looking for graphics engineers that are thoughtful and excited about helping creators express themselves. We're using native code and OpenGLES 2.0 to build an extensible, reusable, cross-platform video processing graphics pipeline, and ARCore / ARKit to build fun, unique augmented reality experiences.
- Build, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our cross-platform graphics pipeline.
- Debug production issues across multiple platforms and devices.
- Set engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You are someone who:
- Enjoys and has experience building performant, battery-friendly graphics processing tools for use in resource-constrained environments.
- Has experience building low-power, high-performance augmented reality experiences.
- Has a passion for writing high-quality code that’s correct, performant, and clean.
- Has experience writing highly-optimized OpenGLES 2.0 code for use on all mobile platforms.
- Thrives in a remote environment: takes initiative with limited direction and has a bias for action and shipping
We’re an early stage company with very strong investors and advisors on board to help us along the way. We provide fully paid medical benefits and unlimited vacation days.
Byte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce.