Regional Category Manager - Concrete Works, Brussels
Brussels Area, Belgium
For one of our clients, a major general contractor, we are looking for a Regional Category Manager (Concrete Works) to work for their Procurement Department based in Brussels.
You will drive and implement strategic planning and category management in own perimeter. This role secures up-to-date market knowledge and defines category strategies. You are responsible for the sourcing, negotiation and overall supplier management for large volumes and/or complex categories.
- Develop and deploy vision and approved plan for your category in close alignment with the Supervisor;
- Responsible for strategic sourcing (SSM) for your categories with focus on TCO optimization;
- Lead cross-functional teams with focus on early involvement of business & functional stakeholders;
- Conclude framework agreements;
- Accountable for the implementation, communication & optimization of framework agreements;
- Perform high value / critical spot buys (based on thresholds);
- Track value for categories in scope;
- Develop and sustain supplier relationship with key suppliers in order to realize TCO optimization;
- Follow up reporting and key metrics;
- Define and execute for categories in his/her scope: Purchasing channel strategy, Supplier segment strategy, Customer satisfaction improvement actions, Framework agreement optimization actions, Supplier performance improvement actions.
- You have a strong analytical mindset and are able to understand technically engineered solutions;
- Your are a skilled negotiator who know his/her way around a purchasing agreement;
- You are not afraid to take on responsibilities and are familiar with strategic thinking and innovation.
- Master Degree in Engineering or Economics;
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience;
- Fluency in French and Dutch with a very good knowledge of English.
Cabo Norte is a specialized Executive Search, Recruitment & Selection company for engineers and experienced professionals. We provide services for a select number of clients in the BENELUX region and France being active both on the domestic and international market. This allows us to offer our candidates new professional challenges both in Belgium and abroad (EU, Middle East, Africa, etc.).
We are active in following sectors: engineering, construction, hvac (MEP), industry, maritime & offshore and various other related sectors.